PV1
Site Moderator

EVSEUpgrade.com Warning

Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:07 pm

A word to the wise (and those considering EVSE Upgrade ;) ), if you order an upgrade to a unit that is specified to have the L6-20 Plug, and you order any adapters with the L6-20 ends, you may get a phone call when they receive your unit, asking about which plug end you want. I opted to keep the L6-20 end on the unit (under the assumption that the adapters would still have the L6-20 ends. Turns out, they are planning to phase out the 20 amp ends and only use the L6-30 ends, so I received my adapters with L6-30 ends with the unit having an L6-20 end. This is not the end of the world, since I purchased the L6-20 to L6-30 "Dogbone" adapter. However, I don't like the idea of relying on the dogbone to use either adapter, not to mention the extra connections that need to be made.

I called them after receiving my order, and they are offering to switch out the adapters for L6-20 ends once they receive a shipment.

On the plus side, the unit works well, juicing up from 2 bars to full in 12-14 hours at 10 amps, level 1. :o :mrgreen:
:idea: :idea: :idea: :!: :!:

Dropbox maintenance in progress. If any of my links aren't working after November 17, please PM me and let me know which one isn't working.

Thanks.

Return to “EVSE (Charging Stations)”