Bosch L2 EVSE

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeS

Staff member
Coincidentally with our own discussions, L2 EVSEs are being discussed on our local Silicon Valley Electric Auto Association mail list. Nice to see prices are still dropping. Bosch was mentioned and is fairly new to the market, and has a number of options available with various cable lengths and 16A or 30A capability.

Bosch Power Max 16A / 12' cord. $449. Would suite our iMiEV just fine.

It's evidently a re-branded Delta EVSE.

Cute feature is a cord breakaway system (are you listening, twoodruff? :) ) and it has a total power-off switch to eliminate the vampire load.

This post induced me to look up the Bosch unit. One phone call and it was on its way. There was a modest delivery charge.
I had an electrician install the unit in my garage. He ran about 30 ft of conduit and charged $300 for the installation which seemed reasonable to me.
The unit has worked perfectly since install and the preheat feature via the remote works, but i need to read up on that. Sometimes it warms the car and sometimes it turns it into an oven :shock:

Back