Heat problems?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psyflyjohn

I've been following the battery problems with the Leaf in hot climates. There have been some lemon law refunds on them in Phoenix, due to early degredation in high heat. There is also a class action suit in California against Nissan for the same issue. A friend of mine was in the process of purchasing a Leaf in New Mexico. When I told him of the issues arising with the Leaf, he cancelled the deal.

Our Miev manuals devote 2 pages to discussion of heat issues. I'm wondering if the Miev is better protected against high heat damage with thier computer monitoring and coolant circulating system?

Same here, I've been following that saga as well. It boils down to this (..bad pun), the Nissan Leaf has a passive Thermal Management System with over optimism of what the batteries can handle. Most things I have read is that over 104F/40C, the batteries will begin to deteriorate and lose capacity.

I found an excellent presentation on this at: http://www.sae.org/events/aars/pres...ermal Mgmt Tech to Improve Life and Range.pdf

Back