All dark

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbauron

Hi all, I have a bit of an issue with my 2012 iMiev... I last drove it a month ago, and the battery was about half full. This morning I found out that the car is completely dark, dead battery, can't even open the doors with the central lock. I plugged it in (110V only) but nothing's happening, it's been over 3 hours. The green Ready light flashes on the charger, but it's not charging, no humming, no red indicator on the dash.
What happens when batteries run totally flat? How do I proceed? Any suggestions welcome... Thank you!

Dead 12 volt battery. Plugging the car in won’t fix it. The small battery under the hood needs a charge, and if the car powers up after that, you’ll need a new 12 volt battery.

Thank you JoeS and PV1, that was it!
A pretty expensive 12V battery but nothing compared to my worst fear.
Thanks!

What are the differences among types of vacuum cleaners How To Choose A Good Vacuum Cleaner Through the Internet
Buyer’S Guide For Choosing The Best Vacuum Cleaner For A Carpet Covered Floor

At present, there are various kinds of vacuum cleaners available on the market; and they all have their own advantages and disadvantages, even when they are top-rated vacuums. Which vacuum cleaner is suitable if you need to vacuum your carpeted floor,? What do you need to consider before buying the best vacuum cleaner for the carpet?

In general, referring to vacuum cleaner reviews and Best Vacuum Cleaner In The World is a standard method that buyers use to select their vacuum cleaner. In terms of vacuum cleaners for carpeted floors, you must think further than those sources of info to pick up the best vacuum cleaner. Responding to the following questions will be helpful for your choice.

1. What types of the vacuum cleaner work well on a carpet?

Regarding vacuum cleaners for the carpet, you can choose among these types: upright vacuum cleaners, canister vacuum cleaners, cordless stick vacuum cleaners, handheld vacuum cleaners, and even robotic vacuum cleaners. A good vacuum cleaner for deep cleaning has the suction power to be able to clean up the most stubborn of messes. Upright vacuum cleaners and canisters are the ideal choices to clean deep pile carpets. Whether you decide to pick up an upright vacuum or canister one, a vacuum cleaner with a bag model or without, you also should consider other features related to convenience.

Take as an example, when you vacuum, you must move whole units of the motor, the dust bin, and the head of an upright vacuum cleaner across your floor. The canister vacuum cleaner follows you in a separate unit. So, if your house has two stories and more with a lot of stairs, using canister vacuums is better because they can be easier to move than upright vacuums. The other types of vacuum cleaners are suitable for lighter tasks due to their limited suction power and working time.

a2TpXnl.jpg

2. How often do you vacuum your carpet?

If you vacuum frequently, there will be less dirt on the carpet for the next vacuuming. So, the features of vacuum cleaner such as lightweight, easy to move are more important than suction power. But if you do not vacuum frequently, you need a vacuum cleaner with a powerful suction to suck out all of the accumulated dirt.

3. What is the type and size of your carpet?

Different types of carpets require different cleaning needs of a vacuum cleaner. Take as an example, if your home has a wall-to-wall carpet, you should invest a vacuum cleaner with deep penetrating suction power. Meanwhile, rugs do not need such suction. If you put strong suction on those, the shag might get caught up in brush heads of vacuum cleaner, leading it to stop working. Besides, the amount of area covered by carpet is a significant factor in considering the size of the dust bin as well as the battery life of cordless vacuum cleaners.

4. Are you an allergy sufferer?

Vacuum cleaners using HEPA filter are useful for removing allergens. If you are an allergy sufferer, why do not you invest in a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filtration system?

Here is a list of best vacuum cleaners for carpet.

The Shark APEX Upright with Duo Clean
The Miele Complete C3 Marin
The Bissell Cleanview Swivel Rewind
The Dyson Cyclone V-10 Animal Lightweight
The Samsung POWERbot Turbo 9350

YKHDhab.jpg

In conclusion, there is a variety of Top best vacuum cleaners for carpets on the market. You should balance your budget and the advantages and disadvantages before choosing the best vacuum cleaner for your home.

Source: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103967.0

Picked For You:
Frequently Asked Questions about Vacuum Cleaners for New Users
vIn-Depth Reviews of the Best Rated Vacuum Cleaners In 2020
Best Corded Vacuum Cleaners: Top Three Reviews
What are the differences among types of vacuum cleaners
How To Choose A Good Vacuum Cleaner Through the Internet

Back