It looks like I just got an Anderson modified i-MiEV

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macarose

This is the second MiEV I have bought. Both were 2012 models that were sold at auction. The first was a Carmax vehicle that couldn't get any traction in the retail market, and the second is a Carvana vehicle that apparently had this modification done to it.

When I opened up the gas flap on the drivers side, I was shocked to find an Anderson Power modification done to the vehicle. We used these for solar charging back in the day.

All I want to do for right now is charge it on its factory capacity and nothing more, but, if there's other equipment that may be benefiicial to the charging and longevity of the vehicle I'll be happy to buy it too. Quick charging is great of course but we have multiple EVs. My love for these vehicles and hybrids goes way back to the early 2000s, and I have modified 1st gen Insights. So I'm not a complete rookie. More like an advanced beginner.

The VIN is JA3215H19CU026463 and the vehicle spent most of its life in the Orlando area. Mileage is right at 30k.

All the best!

Steven Lang
(770) 262-9880

I'm leaving my number on the off chance that someone here may be familiar with this vehicle. Sometimes you get lucky!

What is under the charging door on the passenger side? Does it not have the regular AC charging port? Maybe you need to look under the lid in the trunk to see if it has an On-board Chargger, or has been modified with an aftermarket chargger?

If you can find the OEM OBC, it is now under warranty from the factory. Charge the pack, put the OEM back in and drive it to the dealership--they will replace the defective OBC.

Hmm, some creativity here, with perhaps direct access to the HV? Could this perhaps be siai47's car? He used an external HV charger at home.

I just tried entering that VIN into Mitsubishi's Monroney website (to see if it came with CHAdeMO originally), but it wouldn't take. The number at the end appears to have an extra digit.

This is indeed siai47's car. We had a wonderful conversation about everything and anything this evening.

He helped me understand a lot of the unique nuances of his creation.

I'll be spending a healthy amount of free time reading old posts and getting better acquainted with this beautiful machine.

Back