Stan051

Re: No READY. P1A15 error. Condenser charge timeout.

Tue May 05, 2020 1:03 pm

Hi all.
Before I fixed that car with replacing inverter I swap that print boards to check that you meant about current sensors, they are OK in both Inverters. Problem seems to be on the way to them. Manual tell as that that P1A2B is registered after is sensed 50 A different between them. BUT I also took them out from lines they sens and in that moment there is no any different and Code still in place. The missing power AC must by caused by lack of signal to main switches MOSFETS. One more when that code is registered car is in READY mod , if I move gear shaft to a D or R position warning light come ON and cut the RAEDY mod OFF.
To me looks like there is one more system that oversees problems before Main MOSFETS. I m going to dig deeper.

kiev

Tue May 05, 2020 1:41 pm

So only one of the MCU has this problem? And you swapped out the entire bottom board to test that the current sensors were okay? All the little connectors were verified to be inserted okay?

Did you have a tool to clear this code from the EV-ECU memory?

There is another thread with pictures of the boards and IGBTs, the cover can be removed to visually inspect for damage to the dies.

This is the 3 big IGBTs underneath the big capacitor

This is the guts of a IGBT with the cover off to inspect for burn damage, there is a clear jelly filling
Last edited by kiev on Sun May 10, 2020 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
kiev = kenny's innovative electric vehicle

Stan051

Sat May 09, 2020 5:13 am

HI.
That is correct what you saing. I did seperte high voltage unit that you pictured 3 series of FETs ,from control board (green print board ). And problem stays in control board.
After I swopet content of EEPROMs ( Immo and Vin Nr.) Car is working.

Stan051

Sat May 09, 2020 5:46 am

Can i get a permission to attach pictures .I have something I could share.

JoeS
Site Moderator

Sat May 09, 2020 7:42 am

Hi Stan051 - you don't need our permission to post photos here.

For posting pictures on this site, you might look at some of the more-recent posts on this thread on the various ways you can do it -

http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1626

Basically, you post the photos to an Internet-accessible server and simply link to it by enclosing the photo's URL with Img /Img in brackets.

Looking forward to seeing your photos.
EVs: 2 Wht/Blu SE Prem., '13 Tesla MS85, 3 156v CorbinSparrows (2 Li-ion), 24v EcoScoot(LiFePO4)
EV Conv: 156v '86 Ram PU, 144v '65 Saab 96
Hybrids: 48v1kW bike
ICE: '88 Isuzu Trooper. Mothballed: '67 Saab (orig.owner), '76 MBZ L206D RHD RV

coulomb

Sat May 09, 2020 9:35 pm

Stan051 wrote:I have hope that pictures will be available..

They are, thanks. It turns out that flickr.com is one of the hardest ones to extract actual images from. Imgur.com is easier; you'll find a lot of images on this site hosted there.

Extracted below. I used "show source" (^U on my browser) and searched for the first occurrece of .jpg. Then copied the URL, and pasted them between [ img ] and [ /img ] tags.

[ Edit: fixed duplicate ]

atech

Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:50 am

Where is the chip location that holds the VIN info in the MCU / invertor ?

kiev

Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:49 am

atech wrote:Where is the chip location that holds the VIN info in the MCU / invertor ?

It is U6 located nearby to the ISA board. See page 2 of this thread for a picture of the main board in the bottom plenum.

Did you get my PM from last year, it had my home email address if you have questions or need help.

Based upon our discoveries over the past year the issue is likely with either the voltage divider circuit or the op amp on the ISA board. These are in the circuit that reads the HV of the capacitor and causes the P1A15 code. The schematic is also on page 2 of this thread.
kiev = kenny's innovative electric vehicle

atech

Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:51 am

Thank you Kiev , I just sent you an Email. :-)

Return to “Batteries and Battery Management”