Czerodk

Re: No READY. P1A15 error. Condenser charge timeout.

Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:04 am

Y axis = voltage
X axis = time in seconds

gczero

Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:10 am

Thanks for the reply re the timebase.

I'll be doing some more testing this weekend. Can anyone advise how to post images (what file types, size limits etc)

thanks

JoeS
Site Moderator

Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:58 am

gczero wrote:I'll be doing some more testing this weekend. Can anyone advise how to post images (what file types, size limits etc)
You might have a look at this topic for various options, and there's a concise video in the last post in that thread: http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1626
EVs: Two '12 Wht/Blu SE Prem., '13 TeslaMS85, three 156v CorbinSparrowsLi(NMC), 24v EcoScoot(LiFePO4)
EV Conv: 156v '86 Ram PU, 144v '65 Saab96
Hybrids: 48v1kW bike
Mothballed ICE: Orig.Owner '67 Saab96V4, '88 IsuzuTrooper; '76 MBZ L206D RHD RV

Taupilz

Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:00 am

Hi guys
Is it possible to share the schematic for the ISA board and also where to get access to these components that need to changed, also an explanation of how it works would be great for better understanding, thanks in advice:-)
If i just replace this hybrid board from another MCU is it a VIN number conflict then?

kiev

Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:24 pm

Taupilz wrote:Hi guys
Is it possible to share the schematic for the ISA board and also where to get access to these components that need to changed, also an explanation of how it works would be great for better understanding, thanks in advice:-)
If i just replace this hybrid board from another MCU is it a VIN number conflict then?

Howdy Taupilz,

We can see your post okay, there is no viewing problem. Maybe some history of your issues would help get some more folks involved.

There would be no VIN conflict if all you replace is the hybrid board.

Are you sure that this board is defective in your car--how did you determine this? This issue is quite a big puzzle to several folks so every little bit helps.

I have not removed this board from my car to trace the schematic, maybe someone else has but I have never seen it posted.

There are some nice pictures posted here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4225&start=50#p40953
kiev = kenny's innovative electric vehicle

Taupilz

Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:00 am

Hi again, well my status is that both the PTC heater and AC compressor was already disconnected when i bought this car, it has this P1A15 error code and will not go to ready, its not possible either to charge the car, only a red flickering socket symbol is showing up in the display.
I am not sure whats wrong, but what i read here is that this circuit measuring the voltage and gives feed back to the EV ECU could be the problem. When i connect my DTC reader (Icarsoft CR Pro) i can see that the precharge condenser voltage rises up to 342V and then fall down to 2V, the main contactors try to close, but opens after a second or so, If you guys could give some advice what to check first i will appreciate that very much.

kiev

Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:19 am

With the icarsoft scan tool you can also read the voltage of all the cells to access their health, and read the total voltage of the pack to compare with the 342 VDC that you measured for the buss capacitor during the attempt to start.

The P1A15 DTC gets set if the capacitor voltage is too slow to come up or never reaches the pack voltage value. So it could be due to some leakage or load thru the AC or heater, or due to a measurement signal error either on the main circuit board or the little hybrid amplifier board.

Your test data indicates that the main contactors are working since you were able to read the 342 VDC at the buss capacitor, the DTC got set and caused the EV-ECU to open the contactors and the voltage was drained off back down to 2V.

Maybe you can try to clear the error codes with the scan tool and try to start, then read all the DTCs that are set and post them.

Taupilz

Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:52 am

Hi, last status is now that the battery pack holds about 354V, but the condenser voltage is rising to 342V and falls down to 2V.
Is this fault also related to that the car will not charge?
Error codes are:
P1A15
P1AA7
U1100
U1922

kiev

Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:09 am

Taupilz wrote:Hi, last status is now that the battery pack holds about 354V, but the condenser voltage is rising to 342V and falls down to 2V.
Error codes are:
P1A15
P1AA7
U1100
U1922

Since this car has an unknown previous history of repair attempts then nothing can be assumed as okay without checking and verifying, e.g. the wiring harness and connections between the EV-ECU and BMU, etc. There are multiple serious issues with overlapping extent between control units.

The U1100 indicates no CAN buss communication received by BMU from the EVECU, and the U1922 says that the backup K-Line communication between these two is not working either. Most likely a harness or connector issue but could be failed control units. I've never seen the failed K-line code before, and I think it is quite serious.

The P1AA7 is a new code on the forum, it indicates the signal sent by the EV-ECU through the CAN cannot be received by the BMU. The fail-safe or backup for this is to use the K-Line, but that doesn't seem to be working and threw the U1922. The probable causes are failed CAN buss, EV-ECU or BMU.
ref. Factory Service Manual P1AA7 page

The P1A15 is a MCU time-out code that may be set due to defective CAN buss or EV-ECU wiring or failure. I think it is a secondary issue considering the other codes, i.e. if the other codes are fixed then this code will go away. It is more likely an issue under the rear seat than a defect in the MCU in my opinion, but it could be that the MCU issue occurred first and subsequent attempts to repair have mangled the wiring under the seat such that additional codes are being thrown. If the communications were okay then only the MCU code would appear.

You will need to take good notes of what you check, find and verify in order to ring all this out.

coulomb

Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:58 am

Taupilz wrote: the battery pack holds about 354V, but the condenser voltage is rising to 342V and falls down to 2V.

Yes, certainly. If the condenser doesn't hold battery voltage, then the charrger can't work, you can't drive the car, and you can't use the heater or air conditioner. The "condenser" (such a quaint old term, it reminds me of tube radios) is basically the sum of all the capacitors in the motor controller, charrger output, etc. No condenser voltage, no high voltage bus, no fun :(

Return to “Batteries and Battery Management”