Bjron

Re: No READY. P1A15 error. Condenser charge timeout.

Thu May 02, 2019 11:31 am

Lic how are u progressing with repair? I have same Condenser code on and 8k repair telled..

What was this feature which allows code reset for 2-4 times with Citroen maintenance Official tool? But after that even it cant reset it? I have motor controller condensator code now resetted 3 times and now its locked. How it it resetted again? Those 3 resets maded in same afternoon so no any change on car between resets..

What can even Official maintenance do in this situation? Can they someway reset this 3 time reset countet? Maybe it need somekind of total reset to hole system. Or firmware reload?

1. Reset was ok without any change and car started ok. But after turned off for minute it didnt restart.it got same conderser code but it code didnt clear. It needed disconnect dcdc for code to be removed.

2.start were ok again. But when tryed reboot it got code again. Even dcdc still disconnect code didnt be clear able.. then i disconnect ac compressor but still code jammed. Last disconnect heater and then code was remove able and car started for last time.

After 3. Turnoff same restart try again but no start and code was on again and not remove able.cant disconnect any more devices so its totally dead now.

Do you guess its Capasitor or precharge problem? Disconnecting last devices seemed help 2 times.. it was on November so it was about 5c degree car. So that also drop condensator abilities..

Lic

Sat May 11, 2019 7:23 pm

I installed used MCU. Unfortunately it has VIN inside from car from which it was taken and so far I didn't find way how exchange this VIN to mine. So I have error P1B2D VIN mismatch right now. I want to go to dealer and ask if they can fix this problem. I tried to put MCU's VIN to EVECU and P1B2D disappeared but P0513 - incorrect immobilizer key- come out. I was not able to rewrite my key to system. It asks immobilizer PIN and I don't know this PIN to do it.
I heard that originally this problem came from wrong voltage understanding by car and could be kind of easily fixed by installing right resistor in voltage divider in MCU. I didn't try this way yet.

kiev

immobilizer and VIN writing link

Sun May 12, 2019 7:45 am

Why did you try to write to the EVECU, you just needed to load the VIN into the MCU?

http://mmc-manuals.ru/manuals/i-miev/on ... 500ENG.HTM
kiev = kenny's innovative electric vehicle

Lic

Sun May 12, 2019 8:53 am

I tried, but my Chinese scanner was not able to do it.

kirq4e

Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:34 am

I'm in the same situation. Citroen C-Zero year 2011 bought second hand on 39k kilometers. Error P1A15 - No READY and cannot be charged. The battery pack is fine. CanIon shows all cells to be at 4 v with .05 variation at 70% charge.

The dealer said it could be the A/C Compressor or the Heater. After they cleared the code for the first time the car started as usual and managed to drive for 10-15 km to bring it back home. On the next "ignition" the error came back.

The first thing was to replace the auxiliary battery, but it didn't help.

I scanned the car and cleared the code with Diagbox software. On the next start I monitored the capacitor voltage and it goes to 340 v. The battery pack is 350+.
I disconnected the A/C Compressor and cleared the error code but still it comes back when I try to start the car. Tried to clear it again but it appeared almost immediately. Finally I managed to clear it again from another menu of the Software and with the charger plugged in.

I couldn't disconnect the heater because i didn't find its plug. The C-Zero and I-Miev maybe use the same platform but have quite differences.

Next I'll try to open the MCU and the OBC to check if there is something wrong starting with the 20v Fuse and checking if all connections on the bus are all right.

This forum is really helpful after reading for a couple of days I understand the car more and love it even more despite that I managed to drive it for 10 km before it broke right after I got it (Lucky me)

Lic

Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:19 pm

Here is picture inverter main board. I read eeprom chip from board and i can see vin number inside. So it should be CRC inside eeprom, right? Does anyone has access to same chip? I need several dumps from different cars to find out CRC and how it calculates. Image

kiev

inverter eeprom?

Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:05 am

i have that board out of an inverter but haven't traced the circuits.

The 100-pin quad flat-pack chip with reference designator U1 with the white label is marked 64F7047F40V, a Renasas 32-bit RISC microprocessor.

U2 is a 48-pin qfp, AU6803, resolver to digital converter chip.

i could try to read this board--What is the reference designator of the eeprom, what is the chip and the protocol to read it?

Lic

Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:07 pm

U6 is eeprom.
https://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/m24c64-r.pdf
Any bios chip reader should be able to read it.
I used CH341A programer to read it, but there are a lot of different devices which could read this chip.

kirq4e

Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:03 pm

Where does these two wires are connected to the main board? Image

Maybe in the lower right corner of Lic's picture? They should be for measuring the voltage of the capacitor. Could it be that there is some kind of a failure in the measuring circute and it cannot measure correct capacitor voltage? This is the only logical explanation left.

I disconnected them and tried to start the car. The capacitor charged to 349 v and held the charge. The battery by Lexia is shown at 352 v. Discharged the capacitor trough the bleeding resistor.

I haven't disassembled the MCU yet. Just wanted to make sure what to look for before jumping in the deep water. This will be the next step.

I found a thread that there was a problem with the discharge circuite, but they didn't mention how they fixed it.

kiev

Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:04 pm

Yes it does go to the bottom of the lower right corner of Lic's photo, to Connector CN4, labelled "VDC". The red and blue wires are from the (+) side of the pack and route to pins 1 and 2; the white wire is from the (-) side of the pack and routes to pin 5.

CN4p1 then routes to CN5p1, labelled "VDC-R", which is a red wire running to the large silver-colored resistor on the heatsink, ~50W power resistor, 510 Ohms. The other end runs back to CN5p5, thru a white wire. This is the quick bleed resistor for the large "condenser", the big black 800 uF capacitor in the top plenum. CN5p5 routes to the Drain of the big FET2; the gate is driven by the output of optocoupler PC7; and the Source is connected to pack (-) thru CN4p5. This RC combination has a time constant of about 0.4 seconds and would drain the big cap in about 1.2 seconds.

In parallel from CN4p1 is a voltage sensing circuit running from CN4p1 to a series string of six 100k resistors and a 6.8k that route to the hybrid chip board pin 1 labelled "VH" with the return on pin 2 labelled "VI", that connects back to pack (-) thru CN4p5. This is a voltage divider to drop the high voltage down by a factor of ~90: for 360 Volts at the condenser, the voltage at the Hybrid is about 4 Volts.

If any portion of that sense hybrid circuitry were not working properly, then it may be that the HV is not reading properly.

Your test to remove the jumper wires at the pack buss bars seems to indicate a problem down below on the main board in the bottom plenum of the MCU. Did the car go to READY when you ran that test? i would guess not, but you did prove that the bottom circuit is pulling down the pack voltage at the "condensor" and throwing the P1A15 DTC.

[edit: corrected some hasty notes from yesterday and added details of voltage divider and fast bleed resistor; and sketch of circuit]

sketch of circuit
Last edited by kiev on Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:48 am, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Batteries and Battery Management”