C-Zero Inverter Failure

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electronpusher

Another one bites the dust. I just heard of another charger die in a Citreon C Zero by someone in the iMiEV Facebook group, I have advised the person to join this forum and post in this thread, hopefully he will soon.

I chatted to him on Facebook, and he has exactly the same symptoms we have had (no AC charge, lights on dash etc).

Hello! Someone has a C Zero to slaughter (spare parts), the factory says that the Inverter (part no. 1609580080) is broken. So I would have to change it! Does anyone have one for sale? Or someone had the same problem? Thankful for any help!

Good day,

I am from Italy and have a Citroen C Zero with is currently at the workshop, cause it doesnt work. The factory says that the Inverter (part no. 1609580080) is broken and to change (costs about 4000€!!).

Already a year ago we tooked the car to Citroen because we had this problem: On the car there was lightening a yellow exclamation mark with a car, and the car went only in the emergency program (with very low power). During this problem it was not possible to charge the car.

But it was to expenive for us to change the converter so we put the car home. We tried out on different days if the car works or not, and the car was working sometimes. So we tried to drive only short ways in the beginning. Sometimes the problem came back but it always gone away again, so we tried longer ways and then we went like half a year and about 5000km without the problem!!

Now a year later it came back and do not go away anymore, so we decided to put it again to Citroen because we are not able to charge the car.

Now the are telling us always the same: the want to change the expensive converter?!!

Thanks for reading and help!!

Greetings
Michael

Michael011, I've been thinking further about your issue -

a) I changed the title of the thread to Inverter since that's what your dealership is focusing on. After the initial problem it started working again, which is different than the charger/dc-dc hard failure experienced by others.

b) I am not familiar with the part numbers - we are talking about the inverter that drives the motor, otherwise known as the motor controller?

c) You car's issue is that it does not charge, but drives ok?

d) There is a fuse inside the Inverter which links it to the charger. Is there a possibility that this fuse connection has become intermittent? - can anyone comment on this?

We can not say that this is a problem on the converter, while Citroen in France and Italy is unable to make a diagnosis just 9 times out of 10
We must first take advantage of the knowledge gained in this forum by doing in this order:
1) Open the charger and take pictures.
2) Test the fuse 20A.
3) Do the Skylogger test on both 4.7 ohm resistors.
4) Do the Skylogger test on the power relay.

Then, consider a failure on the converter

For my Czero currently down (I'm number 18 in the list of Kiev), I redo all these tests next weekend. I can then order the parts.
I already know that I have a problem on a 4.7 ohm resistor

Can you advise me of how this issue was resolve please?
My C-zero has had the same / a similar issue: the garage has said that we either need to replace the Compressor (part number 1611 082 480) or the water heater (part number 1609 720 680) - after three hours of labour they will know which - and that replacing one of these parts will then cost about £3500...
Keen to know if this is spurious / wrong (that there is something else cheaper to fix that has broken), if there is a cheaper source of parts (how can these parts be so expensive...) or any other related learning from those who have been here before!
Thanks in advance

Sam

Back