kiev
Posts: 1257
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 7:15 am
Location: The Heart o' Dixie
Contact: Website

Re: Troubleshooting and repair for On-board Charger (OBC), DC-DC Converter

Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:21 pm

Howdy bezzeb,

First welcome and sorry to hear of your problems.

Have you checked the voltage of the 12V auxillary battery--is it a fresh battery or is it old, weak or worn out. If it is not charging up to 14.4 during charging of the pack, then the fuse inside the MCU is likely blown, especially if the 2 small blue capacitors were cracked.

Can you charge up or replace the 12V aux battery to ensure you have a strong one.

Are those the DTC errors from before the capacitors changed, or after?

Do you have a meter that can measure diode voltage drop?

do you have a picture showing the entire bottom board?

how did you solder in the black capacitor--did you remove the board from the box and remove the waffle plate, etc.

We need to know all the details about what you did and measured in the course of your repair effort, if possible.
kiev = kenny's innovative electric vehicle

bezzeb
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:53 am

Re: Troubleshooting and repair for On-board Charger (OBC), DC-DC Converter

Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:50 am

kiev wrote:Howdy bezzeb,

First welcome and sorry to hear of your problems.

Have you checked the voltage of the 12V auxillary battery--is it a fresh battery or is it old, weak or worn out. If it is not charging up to 14.4 during charging of the pack, then the fuse inside the MCU is likely blown, especially if the 2 small blue capacitors were cracked.

Can you charge up or replace the 12V aux battery to ensure you have a strong one.

Are those the DTC errors from before the capacitors changed, or after?

Do you have a meter that can measure diode voltage drop?

do you have a picture showing the entire bottom board?

how did you solder in the black capacitor--did you remove the board from the box and remove the waffle plate, etc.

We need to know all the details about what you did and measured in the course of your repair effort, if possible.


hello
thank you very much for your reply

Old battery, but I connected a new, big and more powerful one with a cable
and now I constantly have 12.5v

fuse in the MCU is working


before when the battery was discharged to 10,8v

now there are only this mistakes

charger
06
evcu
u1113
P1B32
P1B2D

Yes

I carefully left the leads from the old capacitors and soldered to them
without pulling out waffle plate
Image
Image

102R 2KV
MKP X2 310v 2.2mF

kiev
Posts: 1257
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 7:15 am
Location: The Heart o' Dixie
Contact: Website

Re: Troubleshooting and repair for On-board Charger (OBC), DC-DC Converter

Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:33 am

Do you have a hand held multimeter that has the diode check function? If so then you should check the diode drops of the waffle plate junctions to make sure that there is no failure internally. There is a great diagram in post#2 of this thread, look at step 3. under Schematics for the better diagram, and 3.1 for the voltage drops.

The 06 OBC internal code indicates it is not receiving the input AC voltage for some reason. Ring out the harness (check continuity) from the charging port to the OBC top board and thru any EMI filter box on top if yours has one. Check the inline fuses and surge arrester for continuity. Check the diode drop voltages for the input rectifier on the L and N terminals of the waffle plate.

If you are very very careful then it is possible to solder some long leads to the L and N solder junctions of the waffle plate and monitor this with a meter during the startup of plugging in to charge to verify that voltage is making it to the waffle plate. Did i mention that you must be very careful if you attempt this?

P1B2D indicates there is a VIN mismatch. Has any ECUs MCU, etc been changed out with another vehicle? This will prevent the driving of the car or going to READY, but usually shouldn't prevent charging.

P1B32 is related, it is timeout of the VIN check; the VIN is mismatched and it continued to check several times with no luck until it reached the time limit.

The U codes are related to errors on the CAN buss and will likely go away when the other codes are fixed.
kiev = kenny's innovative electric vehicle

bezzeb
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:53 am

Re: Troubleshooting and repair for On-board Charger (OBC), DC-DC Converter

Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:42 am

kiev wrote:Do you have a hand held multimeter that has the diode check function? If so then you should check the diode drops of the waffle plate junctions to make sure that there is no failure internally. There is a great diagram in post#2 of this thread, look at step 3. under Schematics for the better diagram, and 3.1 for the voltage drops.

The 06 OBC internal code indicates it is not receiving the input AC voltage for some reason. Ring out the harness (check continuity) from the charging port to the OBC top board and thru any EMI filter box on top if yours has one. Check the inline fuses and surge arrester for continuity. Check the diode drop voltages for the input rectifier on the L and N terminals of the waffle plate.

If you are very very careful then it is possible to solder some long leads to the L and N solder junctions of the waffle plate and monitor this with a meter during the startup of plugging in to charge to verify that voltage is making it to the waffle plate. Did i mention that you must be very careful if you attempt this?

P1B2D indicates there is a VIN mismatch. Has any ECUs MCU, etc been changed out with another vehicle? This will prevent the driving of the car or going to READY, but usually shouldn't prevent charging.

P1B32 is related, it is timeout of the VIN check; the VIN is mismatched and it continued to check several times with no luck until it reached the time limit.

The U codes are related to errors on the CAN buss and will likely go away when the other codes are fixed.


sorry for not answering for a long time
The charge is working and I am very happy.
Thank you very much for your help

but charging still does not give 14 volts
probably due to P1B2D error
this error appeared after service,who tried to fix the charging

Lexia shows the correct VIN number on the computer
Tried changing to the correct number, but it didn't solve the problem

Can I contact you with a personal message regarding one more question?

kiev
Posts: 1257
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 7:15 am
Location: The Heart o' Dixie
Contact: Website

Re: Troubleshooting and repair for On-board Charger (OBC), DC-DC Converter

Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:53 am

[edit] looking at the wrong code list

You can send me a PM, but it is better to post questions up here on the forum so everyone can benefit.
Last edited by kiev on Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kiev = kenny's innovative electric vehicle

bezzeb
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:53 am

Re: Troubleshooting and repair for On-board Charger (OBC), DC-DC Converter

Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:49 am

kiev wrote:P1B2D means that there is a problem in the water pump relay--maybe the connector was left off or the relay pulled out during testing?

Water pump power supply relay excitation circuit, open circuit/short to earth.

You can send me a PM, but it is better to post questions up here on the forum so everyone can benefit.


Lexia program written that VIN number MCU does not match ECU
But in the program only the VIN number ECU can be changed

off topic question
I have a battery from a imiev 2014
And I would like to check (can) the voltage of the modules
I saw in some topic you found the decryption formula (BV=(b4*256+b5)/100 )
but recalculating the values according to this formula, I do not get real values

kiev
Posts: 1257
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 7:15 am
Location: The Heart o' Dixie
Contact: Website

Re: Troubleshooting and repair for On-board Charger (OBC), DC-DC Converter

Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:57 am

The MCU does have a VIN programmed on an eeprom chip located in the lower plenum. See the P1A15 Error thread for details of how to remove and reprogram the VIN for the MCU.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4225

i would recommend to NOT change the Main VIN that resides in the EV-ECU; that could be a fatal change that might permanently lock the car. i think Simon is the only person who has the experience and knowledge of what features are available with the Lexia.

P1B2D:
PROBABLE CAUSES
Chassis number not written
Malfunction of the EV-ECU
Malfunction of the EMCU
Malfunction of CAN bus line

What is the history of repairs for this car--what items have been swapped out, repaired or replaced? It sounds like you have multiple issues.

OBC: Does the car charge the Pack Okay?

DCDC: Does it charge the 12V aux battery?

MCU: Does it go to READY and run and drive Okay?

When did the P1B2D appear? You didn't list it in your original post.

What are the active DTCs right now that is preventing operation of any of the above? Clear them all and see what comes back.

2014 Note: i don't know if the 2012 and 2014 use the same CAN IDs; trying searching the forum for posts by owners of the "2014 and Canion".
kiev = kenny's innovative electric vehicle

bezzeb
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:53 am

Re: Troubleshooting and repair for On-board Charger (OBC), DC-DC Converter

Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:20 pm

kiev wrote:The MCU does have a VIN programmed on an eeprom chip located in the lower plenum. See the P1A15 Error thread for details of how to remove and reprogram the VIN for the MCU.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4225

i would recommend to NOT change the Main VIN that resides in the EV-ECU; that could be a fatal change that might permanently lock the car. i think Simon is the only person who has the experience and knowledge of what features are available with the Lexia

What is the history of repairs for this car--what items have been swapped out, repaired or replaced? It sounds like you have multiple issues.

OBC: Does the car charge the Pack Okay?

DCDC: Does it charge the 12V aux battery?

MCU: Does it go to READY and run and drive Okay?

When did the P1B2D appear? You didn't list it in your original post.

What are the active DTCs right now that is preventing operation of any of the above? Clear them all and see what comes back.

2014 Note: i don't know if the 2012 and 2014 use the same CAN IDs; trying searching the forum for posts by owners of the "2014 and Canion".

unfortunately they didn’t give me information. what they did to repair the charging in the company where I ordered the repair

OBC: Yes
DCDC: NO (14 volts appears after switching on READY ?)
MCU: NO

Only this
charger
06
evcu
u1113
P1B32
P1B2D

kiev
Posts: 1257
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 7:15 am
Location: The Heart o' Dixie
Contact: Website

Re: Troubleshooting and repair for On-board Charger (OBC), DC-DC Converter

Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:32 pm

bezzeb wrote:OBC: Does the car charge the Pack Okay?

DCDC: Does it charge the 12V aux battery?

MCU: Does it go to READY and run and drive Okay?

OBC: Yes
DCDC: NO (14 volts appears after switching on READY ?)
MCU: NO


What are the active DTCs right now that is preventing operation of any of the above? Clear them all and see what comes back.
Only this
OBC chargger
06

evcu
u1113
P1B32
P1B2D


So the 14V appears when in READY? It normally should, But you can't get to READY because the MCU is locked up.

Maybe the 06 code for the OBC is old and the Lexia can't clear it? It would seem that this code is not an issue if indeed the pack can charge when plugged in to EVSE.

That leaves a generic CAN BUSS error code and the two VIN related codes. Was the MCU recently swapped out by someone? How long has this code showed up--the car won't run or go to READY with a mismatch between the VIN of the car (EV-ECU) and the number stored in the MCU.

Do you have a voltmeter? What is the aux battery voltage at rest? What is it when you turn the key to ON?
kiev = kenny's innovative electric vehicle

bezzeb
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:53 am

Re: Troubleshooting and repair for On-board Charger (OBC), DC-DC Converter

Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:35 am

kiev wrote:
bezzeb wrote:OBC: Does the car charge the Pack Okay?

DCDC: Does it charge the 12V aux battery?

MCU: Does it go to READY and run and drive Okay?

OBC: Yes
DCDC: NO (14 volts appears after switching on READY ?)
MCU: NO


What are the active DTCs right now that is preventing operation of any of the above? Clear them all and see what comes back.
Only this
OBC chargger
06

evcu
u1113
P1B32
P1B2D


So the 14V appears when in READY? It normally should, But you can't get to READY because the MCU is locked up.

Maybe the 06 code for the OBC is old and the Lexia can't clear it? It would seem that this code is not an issue if indeed the pack can charge when plugged in to EVSE.

That leaves a generic CAN BUSS error code and the two VIN related codes. Was the MCU recently swapped out by someone? How long has this code showed up--the car won't run or go to READY with a mismatch between the VIN of the car (EV-ECU) and the number stored in the MCU.

Do you have a voltmeter? What is the aux battery voltage at rest? What is it when you turn the key to ON?


yes, most likely error 06 is old

Perhaps during the repair of the charging, they replaced the mcu(((
2 weeks

yes voltmeter,ampermeter and oscilloscope

in the charger 391v
contactors turn on and turn off after a minute with error

Return to “Batteries and Battery Management”