Bjron

Re: Troubleshooting and repair for On-board Charger (OBC), DC-DC Converter

Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:40 am

Update: Not helped dcdc disconnect and 12v boost to 13.8v. Still got same DTC active again allways even reset codes. So car goes to official garage.. i said that no need new heater or AC compressor so just disconnect and seal tape connectors if fault.
Last edited by Bjron on Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

DBMandrake

Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:20 am

Bjron wrote:Update: Not helped dcdc plud disconnect and 12v boost to 13.8v. Still got same DTC active again allways even reset codes. So car goes to official garage.. i said that no need new heater or AC compressor so just disconnect and seal tape connectors if fault.

The car relies on the AC compressor for rapid charging so if this is disabled or not working you will not be able to rapid charge.
- Simon

EV: 2011 Peugeot Ion
ICE: 1997 Citroen Xantia V6

Bjron

Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:38 am

True on summer or over 25 celsius battery.. so its not happenin on 6 months here near arctic circle. . No indoor place for car. Still it might do some fan blowing for battery on winter if over 60a fast charge. Below 60a it wont use AC compressor even on summer.

Bjron

Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:46 pm

I got p1a15 code when i was in Chdademo charger and started fast charge.. yea it wont let car to go Ready mode.

I reboted 12v battery there hope DTC to clear but nono.. instead when reset 12v battery i got about 15% more SOC and 15km more range. Even car didnt charge at all. Soc meter started with bar to bar more. So it did reset also

. Just wondering how it gived 15% more soc?
Do u think i might need ask maintenance just reprogram ECU to not get p1a15 active after every DTC clear?

Bjron

Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:01 am

Anyone else here using Just DCDC of OBC, Charger board HV bypassed? I still use CAN board of OBC unit. I havent try yet disconnect CAN from it. Will car get errors if OBC CAN module disconnect? If it need just CAN module sure it might just put in small plastic box and let it be there.

I have readed that someone used 3.party DCDC and just Chademi charging. My 1. try to do Chademo with OBD just doing DCDC failed and its now in repair garage..

redcane

Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:10 pm

Bjron wrote:
. Just wondering how it gived 15% more soc?

I've noticed our fuel meter jumping around when we disconnect the 12V. It's obviously affecting the calibration calculation rather than the actual state of charge.

Bjron wrote:Do u think i might need ask maintenance just reprogram ECU to not get p1a15 active after every DTC clear?

Whilst this is technically possible, I don't think they have access to the source code, nor would they consider it a good idea to make such a change for safety reasons.

We've got the same code, and have isolated it to a failure of the pre charge contactor or resistor. However it could be related to a failure that was dangerous.

Bjron wrote:<span>Anyone else here using Just DCDC of OBC, charger board HV bypassed? I still use CAN board of OBC unit. I havent try yet disconnect CAN from it. Will car get errors if OBC CAN module disconnect? If it need just CAN module sure it might just put in small plastic box and let it be there. </span>.

The only case of this seems to be charliejuliett - viewtopic.php?t=413. He found, and I also found, without CAN comms to the charger there is an error raised. The 12V battery light is lit. He taped over it with black tape.

Bjron

Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:58 pm

Thx for replies.

I just readed AC Comoressor and heater connection drawings and find out there are no HV relays for those.. this is nonsense..

So only way to disconnect/isolate them is really only fuse remove in bottom of car.

So starting prosedure really allways chech also those components HV side allways.

redcane

Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:53 pm

My understanding is these are only powered through the main (and pre charge) contactors, so they are isolated when the car is not in "ready"?

Bjron

Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:21 am

Yes and that might disable my driving now. And those both are under car without any HV fuse HV relay oe HV connector under hood.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2015/ ... 7-6169.pdf

Maybe failure might be also in Can bus because chademo said Can error. I never have tryed not ready able cat on Chademo before so cant know.

DBMandrake

Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:36 am

Bjron wrote:Thx for replies.

I just readed AC Comoressor and heater connection drawings and find out there are no HV relays for those.. this is nonsense..

So only way to disconnect/isolate them is really only fuse remove in bottom of car.

So starting prosedure really allways chech also those components HV side allways.

Why don't you remove the link plug under the front left seat to isolate the battery if you need to work on the HV system ? That's what it's there for...

You would have to remove the link plug before safely removing one of the fuses under the pack anyway.
- Simon

EV: 2011 Peugeot Ion
ICE: 1997 Citroen Xantia V6

Return to “Batteries and Battery Management”