Flash Battery for EV - Electric Vehicles are the future and it is closer than we think MIEV ; C Zero , ION

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doanabogdan

hi :D :) ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6yolJQip2U

Flash Battery for EV
Electric Vehicles are the future and it is closer than we think

Pure electric vehicles (EVs) run on electricity only. They are propelled by one or more electric motors powered by rechargeable battery packs which include hundreds to thousands of battery cells.

Why we believe that EV's will "rule" in the near future? Because of multiple reasons, among them are: energy efficient, being environmentally friendly, performance benefits and reduced maintenance.
EVs do, however, face significant battery-related challenges: driving range, battery cost, weight and recharging time. While the range, cost and weight have been making significant improvement over the last years, charging time remains a major obstacle to speed up global adoption of EV's.

Fully recharging the battery pack can take several hours. Even at a dedicated super charging station, you can spend 40 min or more.

A new-generation battery that charges fully in 5 minutes, providing a range of 300 miles
StoreDot is developing a new type of electric-car battery consisting of proprietary organic compounds – based on the innovative materials used in its flash battery for mobile devices. The EV flash battery will enable a charging experience which is very similar to fueling a gasoline car.

The EV flash battery enables full charge in 5 minutes, providing up to 300 miles (480 km) of driving distance, depending on the model of your EV. StoreDot fast charging technology shortens the amount of time drivers have to wait in line to charge their cars, thus also reducing the number of required charging posts in a given charging station.

Charges an electric car in 5 minutes
EV flash battery’s remarkably fast charging rate is achieved due to StoreDot’s novel materials and new battery structure. The electric vehicle will have a pack comprising of hundreds of EV flash battery cells that can store enough energy for a full EV range on a 5-minute charge. For a 300-mile car, this translates to 60 miles of travel range on a 1-minute charge.

EV Flash Battery Cost
Although the EV flash battery enables the remarkable feature of 5-minute vehicle charging, this will not increase the price of the electric vehicle. As the manufacturing process uses traditional capital equipment, with mostly standard processing, the EV flash battery cost is aligned with Li-ion industry’s cost reduction curve over the coming years, and will benefit the expected economies of scale of the industry as a whole.

Safe and eco-friendly
EV flash battery architecture is built with a highly stable electrode structure, and contains materials that are far less flammable and more stable at high temperatures than traditional Li-ion technology. Consumer safe, EV flash battery incorporates a multi-layer safety-protection structure. In addition, flash battery is environmentally safer than a Li-ion battery, utilizing organic compounds and a friendlier aquatic based manufacturing process.

https://www.one-giga.com/

FlashBatteryTM for Electric Vehicle. A new-generation battery that charges fully in 5 minutes, providing a range of 300 miles
StoreDot is developing a new type of electric-car battery consisting of proprietary organic compounds – based on the innovative materials used in its flash battery for mobile devices. The EV flash battery will enable a charging experience which is very similar to fueling a gasoline car. https://www.store-dot.com/business-units

The EV flash battery enables full charge in 5 minutes, providing up to 300 miles (480 km) of driving distance, depending on the model of your EV. StoreDot fast charging technology shortens the amount of time drivers have to wait in line to charge their cars, thus also reducing the number of required charging posts in a given charging station

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQTQMNojy3Q

Technology
Fast-charging batteries for EV
Leveraging on the innovation for a new generation of Li-ion cell design, the electric vehicle has a pack comprising of hundreds of EV flash battery cells that can store enough energy for up to 300 miles (480 km) range on a 5-minute charge. This translates to 60 miles of travel on a 1-minute charge.

StoreDot’s core technology incorporates chemically synthesized organic molecules of non-biological origin. These innovative molecules demonstrate uniquely tunable optical and electrochemical properties, which allow for enhanced performance of energy storage devices.

LiBs (Lithium-ion batteries) power today both portable devices and EVs. While exhibiting relatively slow charging and discharging capabilities, over time, the internal chemical reactions inside the battery reduce their ability to retain energy. Yet, StoreDot has succeeded in maximizing the charge transfer rate, and has enhanced it to heighten the superior characteristics of FlashBattery.

LiBs contain inorganic compounds in the battery’s cathode, typically comprising metal oxides or polyanions which are continuously recharged by the insertion of lithium ions. This process limits ionic conductivity, thereby reducing the power density and shortening the battery’s life expectancy. Moreover, the electrolyte used in LiBs is highly volatile and flammable, posing a severe safety risk to consumers, critical especially in electric cars.

Using a unique multifunction electrode (MFE), StoreDot’s FlashBattery combines two benefits of energy storage solutions, incorporating the high-power rapid-charging rate capability with the high-energy storage ability.

This optimized charging ability is achieved through an innovative electrode structure containing proprietary organic polymers with Metal Oxide compounds of the cathode that trigger the redox reactions. This solution enables ions to flow from a modified anode to a modified cathode at a speed that is much faster than existing technologies. Together with a proprietary separator and electrolyte, this new architecture delivers a high current and low internal resistance, with enhanced energy density and a prolonged battery life.

While some battery manufacturers were able to improve only one of the following properties - either increased capacity, fast-charging or extended battery-life - StoreDot’s novel technology has optimized these three parameters simultaneously.

EV 5 Minute Charging!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkMMxmPfWVA

Interesting

If your EV uses only 200 watts per mile (and I suspect very few 300 mile cars can do this) then that means using 60Kw of power to go the 300 miles. Assuming a 350 volt battery bank, that means you would need to put about 170 amps into the battery to recharge. Getting 170 amps into the battery so quickly would be an incredible feat! Where would you go to get 170 amps at 350 volts, all in 5 minutes?? To a very expensive recharging station I'll bet

Don

So locally here in Vancouver BC, the few level 3 stations apparently cost +- $75k cdn and they take 30 minutes to insert a good amount of energy. Level 4 ?? to give you twice as much in 5 minutes seems like fantasy.

EV
Flash Battery for EV
Electric Vehicles are the future and it is closer than we think

https://www.store-dot.com/business-units
Pure electric vehicles (EVs) run on electricity only. They are propelled by one or more electric motors powered by rechargeable battery packs which include hundreds to thousands of battery cells.

​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkMMxmPfWVA&feature=youtu.be

Why we believe that EV's will "rule" in the near future? Because of multiple reasons, among them are: energy efficient, being environmentally friendly, performance benefits and reduced maintenance.
EVs do, however, face significant battery-related challenges: driving range, battery cost, weight and recharging time. While the range, cost and weight have been making significant improvement over the last years, charging time remains a major obstacle to speed up global adoption of EV's.

Fully recharging the battery pack can take several hours. Even at a dedicated super charging station, you can spend 40 min or more.

A new-generation battery that charges fully in 5 minutes, providing a range of 300 miles
StoreDot is developing a new type of electric-car battery consisting of proprietary organic compounds – based on the innovative materials used in its flash battery for mobile devices. The EV flash battery will enable a charging experience which is very similar to fueling a gasoline car.

The EV flash battery enables full charge in 5 minutes, providing up to 300 miles (480 km) of driving distance, depending on the model of your EV. StoreDot fast charging technology shortens the amount of time drivers have to wait in line to charge their cars, thus also reducing the number of required charging posts in a given charging station.

Charges an electric car in 5 minutes
EV flash battery’s remarkably fast charging rate is achieved due to StoreDot’s novel materials and new battery structure. The electric vehicle will have a pack comprising of hundreds of EV flash battery cells that can store enough energy for a full EV range on a 5-minute charge. For a 300-mile car, this translates to 60 miles of travel range on a 1-minute charge.

EV Flash Battery Cost
Although the EV flash battery enables the remarkable feature of 5-minute vehicle charging, this will not increase the price of the electric vehicle. As the manufacturing process uses traditional capital equipment, with mostly standard processing, the EV flash battery cost is aligned with Li-ion industry’s cost reduction curve over the coming years, and will benefit the expected economies of scale of the industry as a whole.

Safe and eco-friendly
EV flash battery architecture is built with a highly stable electrode structure, and contains materials that are far less flammable and more stable at high temperatures than traditional Li-ion technology. Consumer safe, EV flash battery incorporates a multi-layer safety-protection structure. In addition, flash battery is environmentally safer than a Li-ion battery, utilizing organic compounds and a friendlier aquatic based manufacturing process.

Technology
Fast-charging batteries for EV
Leveraging on the innovation for a new generation of Li-ion cell design, the electric vehicle has a pack comprising of hundreds of EV flash battery cells that can store enough energy for up to 300 miles (480 km) range on a 5-minute charge. This translates to 60 miles of travel on a 1-minute charge.

StoreDot’s core technology incorporates chemically synthesized organic molecules of non-biological origin. These innovative molecules demonstrate uniquely tunable optical and electrochemical properties, which allow for enhanced performance of energy storage devices.

LiBs (Lithium-ion batteries) power today both portable devices and EVs. While exhibiting relatively slow charging and discharging capabilities, over time, the internal chemical reactions inside the battery reduce their ability to retain energy. Yet, StoreDot has succeeded in maximizing the charge transfer rate, and has enhanced it to heighten the superior characteristics of FlashBattery.

LiBs contain inorganic compounds in the battery’s cathode, typically comprising metal oxides or polyanions which are continuously recharged by the insertion of lithium ions. This process limits ionic conductivity, thereby reducing the power density and shortening the battery’s life expectancy. Moreover, the electrolyte used in LiBs is highly volatile and flammable, posing a severe safety risk to consumers, critical especially in electric cars.

Using a unique multifunction electrode (MFE), StoreDot’s FlashBattery combines two benefits of energy storage solutions, incorporating the high-power rapid-charging rate capability with the high-energy storage ability.

This optimized charging ability is achieved through an innovative electrode structure containing proprietary organic polymers with Metal Oxide compounds of the cathode that trigger the redox reactions. This solution enables ions to flow from a modified anode to a modified cathode at a speed that is much faster than existing technologies. Together with a proprietary separator and electrolyte, this new architecture delivers a high current and low internal resistance, with enhanced energy density and a prolonged battery life.

While some battery manufacturers were able to improve only one of the following properties - either increased capacity, fast-charging or extended battery-life - StoreDot’s novel technology has optimized these three parameters simultaneously.

EV 5 Minute Charging!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkMMxmPfWVA&feature=youtu.be

Even when you read all this stuff about super-capacitors and next-gen battery and charging options, most people are going to charge it at home 95% of the time, usually overnight (because actually, that only takes 5 minutes already). So my immediate thoughts are that companies should (for now) concentrate on (1) providing about 150-200 miles of actual range at a lower cost (much lower), and (2) make battery packs as easy to repair as a set of brake pads... which as far as I could see are perfectly achievable (especially the latter).

To me, that would be far more progressive (and intelligent/ utility driven) than improving the Tesla territory $70K+ end of the market, and replacing failed packs at $12K a pop ad infenitum. In fact I had this thought of a pack that takes about 100 modules that look like my Ryobi One+ drill batteries (or thereabouts).

In the last 2 years I have needed a public charger once, and to be fair, if you need that, then it is useful to have a CHAdeMO rather than wait around with AC for ages. Besides (head scratch), surely if you have 3 x 50KW CHAdeMO chargers rather than one super 150KW one, then in effect you have the same outcome - with the benefit of two extra charging slots - so I'd assume what the world needs is just loads more current gen charging locations at the moment, with usage charges that are sensible. One solution: the i3 range extender, with a small gas engine where you push a little button and it maintains your battery until you get home has to be the best answer to all these problems yet - and the amount of fuel you'll end up using will probably be minimal.

There seems to be this obsession of convincing people that more power and speed is what they want, and I have just been given a new Samsung phone (my old one died, I had little choice) with 6Gb of Ram (???) and more processing power than my last laptop - all of which I use about 25% of when I look at the processes running. Then they make the battery completely sealed in, which is the opposite of what I would choose if I was asked, because now, if I have any problems at all, I have to go to the manufacturer... which is exactly the plan, and exactly what they want.

doanabogdan, I just deleted a series of posts that you made which were simply quotes of others' posts with no commentary by you. Do you have any personal involvement with this Flash Battery?

I might note, that for years we have had never-ending announcements of breakthroughs in battery and ultracapacitor technology, many of these attempting to attract possible investors. Edit: Again, paraphrasing Elon, "bring me a fully-developed production-ready battery to test, and then we'll talk".

doanabogdan said:
Buna seara da vreau sa ma implic in a raspandi ideea ca putem evolua mai bine cu o noua tehnologie pentru bateri de ultima generatie , pus deasta vreu sa facem presiune pe producatori de auto electrice sa mareasca capacitatea de stocare a energiei electrice in bateri. Daca vei cauta pe youtub aroape tate linkurile cu citroen c zero. Imiev sa ion. Ori sion , de la sonomotors si unpic pe la alti. Am postat aceste linkuri. Repet scopul este sa trecem la bateri extrem de bune. Multumesc am vorbit in romana .

Google Translate:
Good evening yes I want to get involved in spreading the idea that we can evolve better with a new technology for the last generation batteries, put this is why I want to make pressure on electric car manufacturers to increase the storage capacity of electricity in batteries. If you are looking for youtub Aroape Tate links with Citroen C zero. Imiev to John. Either Sion, from Sonomotors and Alittle to others. I posted these links. I repeat the goal is to get to batteries extremely good. Thanks I spoke in Romanian.

https://bluecars.nz/shop/35-ah-mitsubishi-i-miev-battery-module/?v=f5b15f58caba

Lev50 35AH

Mai jos este un link care ne duce la un magaziun pe net pentru acest tip de element care imi trebuie pentru C Zero, i-miev, ori ION

https://bluecars.nz/shop/35-ah-mitsubishi-i-miev-battery-module/?v=f5b15f58caba

Back