2 week trip, storage

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julian46

Does anyone have advice on leaving the iMiev for a few weeks? (not charged or driven) - I'm thinking of charging to 80% - not sure if putting the 12v on a "battery tender" would be a good idea - thanks

Julian46, we have many posts on this topic.

Simply put, leave your main pack at around six bars (around 40%) and, if possible, attach a small smart 'float' charger (e.g. Battery Tender) to your 12v battery.

The reason for keeping the 12v battery on a charger is because there is a continuous low power draw (e.g., from the i-MiEV alarm system) which will easily run down our now older 12v batteries.

Hi, I'm leaving my 2102 iMiEV for 2 months. Last time I did this the 12 v battery died and I had to recharge it to get the car going. My plan this time was to disconnect the battery but when I tried to do that just now the alarm went off & practically deafened me.

It is under cover but no power socket nearby, so I can't use a trickle charger even if I had one.

Does anyone know:
a) if disconnecting the 12v battery would cause any damage
b) how to disable the alarm to allow me to disconnect the battery quietly

Thanks!

Moderator Edit: This question is answered on the following thread (duplicating this question) -
http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3822

Thanks Joe for the information - I ran an AC extension cord up through the inside of the grill and connected a battery tender to the battery - so after 2+wks the 12V battery was still full and fine - and left the traction battery at 40% - all good - no issues - appreciate the advise - Julian

Back