Battpack precharge resistor value

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drgrin

Dear All,

I am fighting again with "Capacitor charge fault" in EV ECU. I think that problem is in motor controller somewhere, but I want to double check battery pack as well. Do you know correct value of battery pack precharge resistor? Precharge takes now ~100ms, which might be to quick, don't you think?

i looked in the MCU awhile back and made some notes here. There was a 56k resistor that looked like it was to bleed off the charge after the key is turned OFF, not sure about the pre-charge resistor, it would likely be inside the pack next to the main contactors.

Check with user dani , he dismantled a salvage pack and has lots of pictures and info on what's inside.

There are two resistors. The one in the MCU is a discharge resistor, designed to bleed off the high voltage when the car is turned off. The pre-charge resistor, which slowly brings the drive system up to voltage, is located inside the battery pack.

Back