Problems about charging and starting !!!

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunder

SOS!!
My i-miev cannot start! When the switch is at the "on" position, the "auxiliary battery lamp" and the "high-level lamp" both are lighted, and when switched to the "start" position, the car cannot start.

And when the 200v charger is plugged in, the charging lamp blinks for a few seconds and turns off.

Who can help me?

Try plugging in your 120v charger. You might have something wrong with your 220v power supply. If the 110 v charger does not work either, then you have a problem with the on board charger.......
If "high-level lamp" means state of charge, then I agree that the auxiliary battery need jumped. Get a jump from an ICE car!

The EV ECU is the brains of the whole car. It is powered by the 12 volt battery. Starting and charging will not occur if the 12v aka aux battery is dead. Providing a jump start from another battery or portable power pack will get you into the ready mode or to start charging again. Once in ready or in charge mode, the 12v battery will be recharged off the 330v battery via the On Board Charger.

Check your maps or dome lights. They might have been left ON from the last time you used them. If you manually turned them ON, they will not shut off automatically.

BTW, What 200v /240 EVSE are you using? Were you also using the MiEV Remote during the in-op period?

Good luck.

And I thought it vestigial that our owners' manual refers to the 12 house battery as the "starter battery", but guess that term still works. Now our "starter" is the main contactor, which also energizes the dc/dc converter to recharge the 12V battery from the traction pack. Hobbyist conversions often have a dc/dc converter that stays on when the ignition is off, which guarantees that your "starter battery" won't run down until the dome light has consumed all 16 kwh or whatever is in the traction pack. It takes the penalty away from leaving headlights on while you run errands, but does put the pack at more risk from a minor error, such as the dome light while on vacation. (don't ask how I know, let's just say I'm grateful that my conversion uses nicads, which aren't subject to 'bricking')

Back