Charged 16,5 kw what does that mean ??

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meier

Dont have the EVbatMON yet - so tried measuring how much charge the battery would take - and after hitting the turtle... it took 16,5 kw - the carger is only a 220v/10 amp

The range showed 118km (73miles) - But dropped rapidly after driving the first 20km (12,5miles normal trip little aircon use) it is at : 82km/51miles

I think its a bit weird it drops so fast initially, actually the trip i yeaster day i abused the heater to use all battery - so the guessometer should have guessed lower i think

Any one have any ideas - also I am not quite sure if my car have the 14kw pack ....its a 2011 c-zero

Couple things, not sure how you measured the charge put back in but the charger is not 100% efficient at converting 220ac to 360 dc and there are housekeeping tasks running the computer / powering the charger itself etc. that use a few hundred watts of power.

The range meter shows a projection based on power usage to drive the last 15 miles or I suppose 24 kilometers. Heat or a/c usage in the past is not included in that, but current heat or a/c usage comes in as an adjustment. 73 implies you had driven gently. If you then hop in tge fully charged car and turn on the a/c it will immediately drop down, and if you drive harder you will loose miles quickly.

For example, my car will often say 72 or 73 in the morning after some gentle driving around town the night before. My commute ends with a 1/4 -1/2 mile downhill section which results in regen followed by another 1/2 mile slow section through the neighborhood. Then after dinner I might visit some shops, all low speed driving. The next morning after 7 miles to work at up to 60+mph I will arrive with the meter saying 59 or 60 everytime.

Thanks -

I measured it with a plugin module on the charger cable ( like this http://reductionrevolution.com.au/products/steplight-plug-in-power-meter)

I guess i need to get the Evbatmon .. to see the state of the battery

I thought heat usage ect also was included - but that makes sense thinking about it of course ...

Was the ending value with the A/C on or off? There is the base RR value as well as one for A/C and one for heat. With the A/C on and driving a little harder/faster could easily net that result. For example, my 11 mile drive this morning dropped my RR from 79 to 64 miles with no HVAC usage.

However, about a month or two ago, I drove a nice, easy route, but was heavily using the A/C, including sitting in a parking lot for about half an hour with A/C on MAX (trying to cool the battery). My RR values were understandably low, but that night after a full charge, I had an estimated 96 miles RR (my personal record, and value read with HVAC off), despite how heavily I used the A/C. This led to the conclusion that the base RR values are unaffected by HVAC usage and only change based on what is active.

So, even if you ran the heater hard to drain the battery yesterday, it all depends on how the last 15 miles/24 km were driven and how that compares to the drive you did this morning (battery and ambient temperatures included, as these affect the base value).

meier said:
Any one have any ideas - also I am not quite sure if my car have the 14kw pack ....its a 2011 c-zero

A 2011 C-Zero should have the 16kWh battery pack. The 14.4kWh battery came around mid-2012.

However, if your battery pack has been replaced in recent years, you will actually get the 14.4kWh pack even if your car came with the 16kWh pack accordingly to the Citroen part catalog.

Back