In the first two years range usually remains the same.

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malm

I believe in the first two years range of our I-MiEVs will not decrease. I believe a new i-MiEV can take 16 kWh in the battery, but will only let us use something like 15 kWh from that 16 kWh (100% SoC will be 15 kWh and not 16 kWh). If so, it will stop 0,0% SoC with all the cells well over the lower limit that is 2,75 V (maybe with all cells over 3,6V). After some time, as degradation advances, the battery only can take 15 kWh, and the i-MiEV still uses the same number of 15 kWh to 100% SoC. So the car will do exactly the same mileage as it did when the battery was new, but now when it is fully discharged, we will see some cells very close to 2,75V. So loss of capacity 7%, loss of range 0. That´s why we all feel that our i-MiEVs don't lose capacity, I fell it in the first two years.

Hello Malm, so do you think battery life has more to do with age rather than miles (holding temperature constant)?
Thanx,
-Barry

BarryP said:
Hello Malm, so do you think battery life has more to do with age rather than miles (holding temperature constant)?
Thanx,
-Barry

Undoubtedly.

But miles usually means temperatures going higher in the battery, so I will expect for two i-MiEVs from the same place, that the one with 40.000 miles has more degradation that the one with the same age but with 20.000 miles.

Back