Has anybody's battery died and if so, what did it cost?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

genec

Energizer_Bunny_animated.gif
Age of battery?
Miles on battery?
Cost to replace?

How long can we expect the battery to last in years and miles?

I started a similar thread a while back in an attempt to consolidate and analyze battery failure data. It can be found here: http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2595.

Admin/Moderators, Does this forum support sticky posts? Would we have any use for them?

Aw, genec, even a little bit of effort in this subforum would give you the answers - the few failures to date have been covered by warranty, at ZERO cost to the owner. Mitsubishi has been very good about this.

I 2nd the sticky notes !!

Especially the one on how to search GOOGLE for our site info :)

and of course some of the basic stuff that keeps getting asked over and over.

Miles on battery? 45000

Cost to replace? Zero. Mitsubishi picked up the tab.

How long can we expect the battery to last in years and miles? 10 years, 100,000 miles with 30% capacity lost. To get there we may need to replace a few weak cells. After the warranty expires garages will start replacing cells. My guess is one day cell replacement service for $600 plus parts. A mechanic with the right tools and the experience of doing it before can replace a i-MiEV battery in six hours. My Mitsubishi dealer is replacing my traction battery today, 9/28/2015. In one day. If that is a eight hour day at $100/hour, I expect $800 plus parts.

Back