Turbocord timer

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phximiev

I use a Turbocord for my iMiev. With the new rate plan, I would like to charge between 11 pm and 5 am at the lowest rate plan.

Anyone have a suggestion for a 240v timer for the Turbocord or do I just pick one off the shelf?

*The Aerovironment folks don't sell one nor will suggest one.

The MiEV remote should be able to do this for you, but it's not automatic like a timer would be.

Once a start time is set, the remote will remember the start time the next night. For example, you plug in at 7 PM and set a 4 hour delay for the car to start at 11 PM. The next night, you plug in at 5 PM. Pressing the right arrow (or left, doesn't matter) will show 6 hours, the number of hours until 11 PM. It goes by start time, not a set number of hours. So, if you program a midnight start time, the remote will automatically adjust the delay timer to line up with the previous start time. All you have to do is turn on the remote after plugging in, press the right arrow button, and press send. The car will wait until the set time before charging.

As for an actual timer, I have no idea.

Ok, except that we don't have a remote, although I believe that our iMiev has the remote option (according the configuration described on the "MyOwner" section of the Mitsu website).

So I will have to look into getting the remote.

In the early days we had discussions on this very topic, some as workarounds for the Remote.

Better Charging Controls (link embedded) or here's the URL of that thread: http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=129

Unfortunately, jjlink's links to photos of the Sunleaves.com timer in that thread no longer work, and Sunleaves no longer carries this product which was manufactured by NINGBO BAIANIAN Part Number FD60-SU67. I have two of these that I picked up from a local nursery who were getting rid of the them because they were 240vac and not 120vac and have the NEMA 6-20 plug/receptacle. I must confess I've never used this timer as I've learned to live with the Remote.

On the other hand, I do use my mechanical timer fairly often, for example when I pop back into the house after Jazzercise in the morning and want to add a few bars before my noon Time-Of-Use rates kick in. Three bars/hour recharge rate at 240vac. Here's a description of both the timer and kWh meter and photo:
http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2910#p2910

Back