Charging question

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cacti

Today I was charging at a ChargePoint L2 station when the station indicated I had a full charge or the car was in the pause mode. I checked the pips and they indicated 15 with miles remaining 70. I had charged 5.894 kWh, 2:46:59. Odd I did not have 16 pips displaying? Any indications of a potential problem?

Cacti

Was the charging indicator still lit on the dash (red plug icon)?

If you try charging again, see if it goes to 16 bars. There is a pause in the charge cycle, but I normally see it early on in the charge.

PV1 said:

If you try charging again, see if it goes to 16 bars. There is a pause in the charge cycle, but I normally see it early on in the charge.

PV1,

I did not look at the charging indicator on the dash. I did have a charging pause for approximately 10 minutes mid way through the charge and after the pause the charging returned to the normal level. Charged at the normal level and then dropped to zero watts and stayed at zero until I ended the session.

I have canion but not sure how to post the screenshots.

Cacti

PV1 said:

PV1,

Charged to 16 bars, 82 miles range remaining. Seems to be okay now.

Cacti

Today I was charging at a ChargePoint L2 station, initially the charging rate climbed to 2.8 kW and then dropped to zero for approximately 20/25 minutes at the beginning of the charge. The balance of the charge was a steady 2.8 kW charge until the end. Charged 10.373 kWh, 4:01:12. In the past I have seen an approximately 10-minute battery balancing (I'm assuming this is what was happening?) but this is the first time I have witnessed the 20/25-minute battery balancing. Do you think this was a normal occurrence?

Cacti

Back