RobertC

Re: A bad cell and a reduce range

Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:44 pm

Pier wrote:This morning was the first full charge. Voltage of cells were equal at 3.095 except two cells that were at 4.100 volt. Less than my old pack, equal at 1.105 volt.
Did you mean:

"This morning was the first full charge. Voltage of cells were equal at 4.095 except two cells that were at 4.100 volt. Less than my old pack, equal at 4.105 volt."

It is interesting that all of the cells in your new battery pack would not charge to 4.105 volts.
”Red” - 2018 Red Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive Tesla Model 3 - 11/27/18
“Blue” - 2018 Kinetic Blue Chevy Bolt Premier with QC - 5/13/18
"Purple" - 2012 Raspberry Metallic ES with QC - 4/10/2013

Pier

Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:38 am

Thanks RobertC, change done.
Pier

bobakka

Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:28 am

Pier wrote: I will collect data for future comparisons. Collecting data for Wh Reg on charging will be difficult because Canion often crashes especially on a long period of 5 hres.

Mine crashed also all the time. When I removed almost all the ticks in "Settings" the stability improved. I just kept "Trip Timer", Battery Status, Battery Temp, Volts History (5 min), SoC History (5 min). The stability improved and it has only crashed 1 out of the last 10 chargings,
Pier wrote:Also, the cold of winter isn't a good time to experiment, since temp has some effect on capacity.

I am not sure if the winter has that great effect, and anyhow it is interesting to understand what effect. In my car this morning when it has been unused for more that 24 hours, outside temp was -2 C the Batt Temp Avg var 8,4. That must mean the battery compartment is well isolated.
And also what is very interesting to know for a brand new battery pack is the relationship between SoC and Batt Status Volts -maybe with temperature as the third variable.
Pier wrote:Bobakka, I ask for amp/h of new pack but have been told that capacity test was not required and not in the list of « things to do to install a new pack ».

Strange ...
iMiev; New Feb 2011; 119000 km January 2017

newwaysys

A bad cell and a reduce range and tracking solution

Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:18 am

THIS IS FROM JOES- I HAVE INSERTED THIS TEXT INTO THIS PERSON'S POSTING.

THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF A SPAMMER IN ACTION: COPIES AND PASTES A COUPLE OF PARAGRAPHS FROM EARLIER POSTS AND THEN FOLLOWS UP WITH THEIR OWN UNRELATED SUBJECT MATTER, IN THIS CASE CELLPHONE TRACKING. I AM LEAVING THIS AS AN EXAMPLE AND HAVE BANNED THIS PERSON FROM POSTING AGAIN. PLEASE DO NOT CLICK ON THEIR LINK.

nsps-- I agree with you. Using Canion should not in any way nullify the guaranty. I talked openly about reading data with Canion. I even wrote it down in e-mail. Concerning searching for causes ...they told me my driving habits were extracted from my car's computer. Also after the first tests, the technician told me the head office ask for 20 (?) more tests. Some 25 pages of data he told me, send to Japan... surely tracking the causes...

Siai47 --- This is bad news for many owners, meaning the life expectancy of the car might be 8 years. Hopefully for most, the car will last longer, even at the cost of somewhat reduced range. We will see in a few years, things could change then. Did you open a pack and is it easy to replace a cell ? To me it seems that the most difficult part would be to disconnect the pack and put it down.

Tracking services includes mobile number tracking, vehicle number registration tracking, land line number tracking, trace BULK SMS sender and search services like search STD Codes, search ISD Codes. Other services we provide are love calculator, finding luck with your mobile number and page rank (PR) of the website. This is the best website for cell phone tracking. http://mobilenumbertrackr.com/trace-fin ... ation.aspx

All our services shows results on Google map, which helps you easily trace and see the location of the person. This is a very popular site amongst the people of India and Indian police or cops. The Mobile no tracking software traces exact location of the cell phone number owner with its operator (service provider).

Return to “Batteries and Battery Management”