Sorry Don, I don't know how to access bt_can directory, transfer it to my computer and post it on here. I am an old scientist but losing interest in fast changing ways of processing data. So much more to learn abut life. But we're not here to philosophize. With my day to day analysis of the data collected and a few notes, I will recall what happenned.
1- Since 2 years (one with Canion), the data were about the same. At full charge, all cells were at 4,105 volt, with sometimes one or few cells with a variation of 5 mV. Nothing special with temperature of cells, as it was also when the #85 cell went wrong. SOC was always 100% at full charge.
2- Come end of october, on a full charge, to my surprise, one bar less and soc 92%. I found cell #85 had lower voltage. Subsequent charges, soc went down to 87.5%, 84%, 79.5%, 82.5%, with bars accordingly of course. Then my trip to dealership, on a cold morning, 100km impossible on a single charge, had to stop at 40km for intermediate charge and arrived almost emty at dealership, and all that at 60 kmh. It seemed to me SOC was even less that morning , other than colder temperature. It was confirmed by dealership with 75% max soc after they say 24 hours charging. Technician told me they could force charge a single faulty cell.
3- Cells T° all that time, as I said, were as usual. Nothing special.
4- Difference of tension between all cells that were equal, an the faulty #85 cell increased with time. At full charge, when around 80% soc , difference was 70 mV. This is 4,105 vs 4,035. When discharged, the difference increased too, from 130 mV to 180 mV, and probably more arriving at the dealership.( Canion crashed 10km before arrival).
5- Time of charge. Regular full charge lasted 4 hours as usual. But the end charging increased considerably, going from 1 hr to 3 hrs. and even more they said at dealer.
6- Long end charging : I once checked the process of end charging on Canion. I didn't see anything particular as I never noticed before the process of equalizing cells on Canion. What I saw was a much lower energy flowing thru the charger. Around or below 100 Watt and 250W at the wall while it used to be no less than 460W (wall) before, at charge ending. That measure of energy flowing was of course varying a bit maybe mainly because of the circulatory pump.
7- Also at end charging, the SOC increased somewhat by a few % very slowly, along volt at the faulty #85 cell. But upon driving, this extra energy went away faster than usual in the first km. It is a kind of "fragile" or "false" energy. I don't know if there is a word for this "phantom" energy.
8- Only one faulty cell makes for max % SOC and range. The faulty cell again makes for turtle at the end, while other 87 cells could could drive range much further, thus range is minimized both end ...kind of...
If you have any other question, I will be pleased to answer if I can. Hoping this helps you.
Excuse my difficulty of writing or faults, I write with the right hand while holding a french-english dictionary in the left hand.......
Last edited by Pier
on Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.