Best state for non-use

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When we went away for our recent 3+-week trip, I had left Mitsi for our houseguests to use, but simply left Mitti and Moto at six bars and didn't bother putting a float charger on their 12v batteries. After our return, Mitti refused to start and the dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree. Turns out the 12v battery was at 9.5vdc. A quick jumper and all is now well, and the airbag light didn't even stay on! No problem as the car is used daily, but I'll do a load test one of these days and if it shows low I'll replace the 12v battery with a small AGM. Hesitate to replace it with one of my many 12v Headway LiPO4 packs as they have no built-in BMS.

Just did a 7 week trip away. I left the accessory battery on a tender but the plug was disconnected along the way. The acc. Battery was around 3 volts on return. After charging there were no trouble lights. Traction battery was as left, around 2/3.

Glad I didn't have to make a trip to the dealer to reset something.

Just found out there is a new dealer 15 miles away. No more trailering for recalls!

Now just need a new front wheel. Michigan pot holes :roll:

Back