terms of baterry warranty

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghost128k

Dear sirs, has anione a pdf with the terms of battery warranty?
we would like to send a letter to the PSA group to increase the battery warranty at least equal to the mitsubitshi ones (10 years/100.000km)
and we would like to show the mitsubitshi terms of warranty. Here in spain, we are notice to change the battery pack of a mitsubitshi with a degradation of > 32%.

The other owners (citroen c-zero/peugeot ion) only has 5 years/50.000km and if the car is >2015 its increase to 8 years/100.000km.

Many thanks in advance.

My 2012 UK IMIEV came with a 4 year traction battery warranty, and unless this has changed (which would be news to me as I enquired last April), then there is no 10 year traction battery warranty by Mitsubishi in Europe... or if it does exist, it's not all EU markets. It is North America that gets the 10 year warranty... unfortunately for me.

Ghost128k said:
Dear sirs, has anione a pdf with the terms of battery warranty?
we would like to send a letter to the PSA group to increase the battery warranty at least equal to the mitsubitshi ones (10 years/100.000km)
and we would like to show the mitsubitshi terms of warranty. Here in spain, we are notice to change the battery pack of a mitsubitshi with a degradation of > 32%.

The other owners (citroen c-zero/peugeot ion) only has 5 years/50.000km and if the car is >2015 its increase to 8 years/100.000km.
My 2011 Peugeot Ion has an 8 year "extended battery warranty" with Peugeot - this goes beyond the 5 year manufacturer warranty, but requires yearly "servicing" to be kept valid for the final 3 years.

I have checked with my local Peugeot dealer that the car was up to date with it's yearly servicing before I bought it in 2017, and that the extended battery warranty was thus still valid - which they confirmed it is. Because of this I decided to pay to do the last two required services on the car (June 2017, and June 2018 coming up) to maintain the full 8 years battery warranty, which will expire in June 2019.

So it doesn't seem to be only 2015 or later cars, it looks like it has been retroactively added to all Ion's in the UK provided servicing has been kept current.

I would contact PSA and ask for confirmation in writing of whether this extended warranty applies to your car and is still valid on your car.

Even if you were successful in getting the warranty changed to match the USA version, it wouldn't do anything for your 32% degradation because battery degradation isn't covered by the warranty in any country - The warranty only covers failure. When we bought our car new in May of 2012, we signed a statement that we understood that degradation was a normal occurrence and was to be expected. So long as it charges to a full 16 bars and the car can be driven, the battery is serviceable, according to Mitsubishi

Knowing that Mitsu wasn't going to replace a degraded battery under warranty, we've always been more careful than most about how and when we recharge it - Seldom recharging it to full unless we needed a full battery to make a trip, going 3 or 4 or even more days without charging if we were just making short around town trips. Will this make the battery in our cars last longer, or go farther without losing a significant percentage to degradation? Who knows, but I figure it can't hurt and since we hope to still be driving the cars daily when the 10 year point has come and gone, it seemed like a good idea to give the batteries a little bit of 'extra' care

Don

Back