Headlight Bulb Replacement

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nt2w

One of the things I realized after buying the i-MiEV was how difficult it appears that it will be to change out bulbs in the headlight assemblies. It's very cramped under the hood, and there is almost no clearance behind the light assemblies.

The car's brand new, so not a problem right now, but it has me thinking.

I'm guessing there's a way to remove the entire unit to allow bulb replacement.

I've removed the small plastic trim sort-of rectangle above the headlight, and it appears to give access to a philips screw similar to one that is down on the lower front under the hood. I haven't taken the next step that includes a screwdriver to see if these two screws allow removal of the assembly.

Anybody know the secret?

Rich

I think they made it nearly impossible to do to prevent the kids from changing out the stock bulbs for those annoying (to say the least) blue headlight bulbs :lol:

Seriously, I suspect you're right - Taking the headlights completely off the car is probably going to be the answer. If it's anything like my other Japanese built cars, we won't need to worry about it for the first hundred thousand miles or so . . . . maybe even longer, since I can't drive this one after dark for hours and hours like we do when traveling in the other cars

Don

Back