Stock antenna replacement

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lithim

I have noticed my stock antenna is cracked and deteriorating rapidly. (Rubber(?) is drying out badly.
Has anyone replaced theirs with a OEM Mitsubishi antenna? How about availability and cost?
Thanks.
Stay charged my friends.
48802 miles.

I have no idea what the dealer would want for one, but you can buy a new one on eBay for ~$70

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MITSUBISHI-LANCER-IMIEV-OUTLANDER-SPORT-ANTENNA-MAST-ROD-OEM-8723A217/302154529148?epid=1322129038&hash=item4659d0397c:g:jJQAAOSwA3dYQGcH

Don

Years ago I picked up a universal replacement antenna with lots of threaded adapters, one of which fit the i-MiEV. IIRC, it was under $10 at my local auto parts store. Just looked on eBay and Amazon and there are some there. I once tried to put on a longer one to improve FM reception, but it was too long for the height of my garage door.

The same windy weather that finally destroyed our Budge cover also broke the antenna. Just replaced it with a high tech, shorter one from O’Reillys for $24.00. It works just fine.

The Mitsubishi dealer quoted $131.00 for a replacement.

Back