kiev

Re: Turtle when Braking

Sat May 23, 2020 7:22 am

That's great to be able to chargge and the cell's are fairly even in voltage.

It may be that the OBC 39 and P1A44 are somehow related to something that happened in the past, and for some reason don't want to clear. Just make sure the open ends for the A/C and Heater wires are wrapped with tape and nothing metal is showing that could touch the chassis. Take it for a drive and test if turtle is gone.

[edit]
take a look at this thread, P1A44 seems related to A/C: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4439
kiev = kenny's innovative electric vehicle

etrac

Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:54 am

Sorry for not having posted anymore. Because my workshop was occupied by a restoration car, it took me quite a while to get access to the car lift again.
Passed week I unplugged the HVAC compressor, insulated both ends and put them back under the plastic cover of the battery. Fortunately there is no HVIL, only the two HV-leads.
I cannot have a large drive because the car has no valid immatriculation. But I could do several rides around the block and It looks like the ghost has disappeared. I can drive in forward and backward mode, even with half way pressed brake pedal and keep staying on the brake without any turtle or error sign showing up.
As guessed by some of you the insulation problem is in the HVAC compressor. Disconnecting does not produce any fault on the display, so I can live without Chademo-charging for a moment.

But there is still a question:
Is there already someone on the market who can fix these compressors for affordable money?
I know that It cannot hold forever, because the design still stays the same and I am sure, that the supplier did a bad engineering job on that part. Thanks.

etrac

Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:04 am

[edit]
take a look at this thread, P1A44 seems related to A/C: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4439

Thank kiev for the link. Maybe I have the same problem.

Return to “General Technical Discussions”