DougC

Re: Shifter starting to have problems

Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:01 am

Man I wish my car was that clean. No wonder I'm having issues with the linkage.

DougC

Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:50 am

I took the 2 bolts out that hold the sensor on the gear box and saw that they are slotted for rotational adjustment. I'm thinking I can adjust this to make the computer happy. I tried adjusting it for a bit, but it was too cold to keep playing. This weekend will be above freezing so I'll try again later. I was able to get 'B' back by adjusting. But still wasn't able to stop the warning lights.

DougC

Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:53 am

After adjusting the shifter switch, I'm able to get 'B' driving mode back. Man I really missed that.

I still get the check engine light whenever I start the car while in Park. RBS and Turtle mode are now gone. I've found that if I turn the car to start and immediately shift out of Park (before the system initializes and beeps), I do not get the check engine light. It will return if I shift back to Park.

I'm hoping this is just a left over warning from a weak 12volt battery. I did replace it, and had the new one checked to make sure it was good.

I just got the latest recall notice, so I'll take it in to have that done and hope they clear the warning without charging for that. :?

Return to “General Technical Discussions”