Jack points

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TaosEV

The owner's manual does not address the issue of an owner changing a tire, so no info on where (and where not) to place a jack.

Anyone tried jacking up the car to change a tire? Suggestions on correct lift points for the front and back of the car?

Lift and jack points are in the service manual. section 00, General info pages 57,58,59.
I'm not familiar with attaching docs or photos to this forum so I'll try to explain it.

When using a floor jack, There are 2 jacking points. you should see a pad area under the car, on the centerline of the car in between the left and right tires. One at the front and one in the rear of the car.

When using jack stands or a vehicle hoist. There are 4 points under the side rockers. You will see two cuts in the pinch rail to indicate each lift point.

iMiEV808 said:
...There are 2 jacking points. you should see a pad area under the car, on the centerline of the car in between the left and right tires. One at the front and one in the rear of the car...
66-imiev-garage-jack-points.png

iMiEV808 said:
...When using jack stands or a vehicle hoist. There are 4 points under the side rockers. You will see two cuts in the pinch rail to indicate each lift point.
67-imiev-jack-points-post-lift.png

Back