Ripped of a protection panel under the car ??

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, you might want to try and bold that back on... if possible with a fabricated plate to cover any damage to the battery pack housing... if you've put a hole in the plastic housing, that could pretty bad if water gets in... if - is somethings definitely worth checking!

Initially, I thought that was a bracket for the battery pack. It looks to be a lift point. I second phb10186 in checking for damage to the pack itself and trying to bolt that piece back on.

Just bolting it back on without welding up that ripped mounting hole wouldn't be advisable.
From having removed a pack on a North American car, that bracket does not look familiar, but with a big gusset down the middle, it definitely appears to be structural.

Thanks guys - I have looked at the body/manuals ect and really cant figure out if the bracket is doing anything other than taking the impact instead of the battery - the plastic cover is a bit wrecked with a few holes, however what i see from the russian site with the manuals it look like the battery is in another weatherproof box behind that shield ....

will investigate further ...

Those brackets are bolted to the body at the front of the battery box to protect it from what you just did. They are bolted to the body with two bolts (look at the opposite side to see how it is an identical part). Part of the front panel that goes under the battery pack attaches to the bracket you ripped off. I don't expect that you did anything to the pack and you could drive the car without the underpanel installed without any problem. I would replace the bracket and repair the damage to the panel and not worry about it.

Back