iCarsoft i909 Diagnostic Tool

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiev

i decided to take a chance on the iCarsoft i909 even though the website seems hosed.

So i got one on a buy it now auction listing for $120, and it works great. Can read all the data from the control modules plus trouble codes, didn't have any codes to reset, but it will likely do that also. It's not as fancy as a phone app, but it is a good troubleshooting tool to find out what's happening and what's wrong, and for DIY it provides an option to making a visit to the dealer.

Congratz kiev,

Its nice to see a reasonable cost diagnostic reader for our cars is available.

Can this unit read the battery current ah capacity like evbattmon ?

Also i have a canadian imiev and a us one I imported. the us one has the odo in miles i would like to change it to km. never found a way to do that I wonder if this unit can change any of those things.

Please let us know what the unit is capable of. Ie can the unit change any options for the car ?

Thanks

Don.....

kiev said:
i decided to take a chance on the iCarsoft i909 ...
kiev, fantastic! Thank you for biting the bullet and thanks again to gisli for showing it to us. This is a major step forward in not having to take the car in to a dealer to reset even a trivial fault.

Hopefully we can now reset that pesky airbag red light ourselves (which comes on when we disconnect the seat connectors and remove the passenger seat). :roll:

At the moment I'm away on another Tesla trip but will order one when I get home.

DonDakin, I'm pretty sure we can change from miles to km already without this gadget - IIRC it's in the manual.

kiev, do keep us up to date as you learn about this gadget's capabilities.

It does display the capacity in Ahr. That data field is found in the "BMU" section.

i haven't been thru the "Display" section, but i'm guessing that may be where the km or miles units are found--i'll put it on the list of stuff to check.

There is a video on utube where a dude steps thru each section of the i909, it's painfully slow to watch and he goes thru a different mitsubishi car, not thru the miev.

i didn't look at it, but there is a field for the charge up time and the discharge time for the "smoothing" capacitor--the monster 800 uF cap in the MCU. So much data, not enough time...

Hey Joe,

I am able to change the speedo and the RR from MPH to KMpH and from mile to KM with the long press of the switching button. This is fine but the ODO and the A/B trip meters are always in Miles no matter what I do. I thought this was set up some where in one of the internal computers.

I'll have a look at the manual again to see if I missed anything.

Don....

Just did a little light reading in the manual online and found this:

https://carmanuals2.com/get/mitsubishi-i-miev-2012-owner-s-manual-36874

Features and controls
The display unit for the cruising range will change to match the
selected speedometer’s display unit.
NOTE
Speedometer Cruising range
MPH miles
km/h km
● Even if speedometer’s display unit is changed, the display
units for the odometer, trip odometer, and service
reminder do not change.

This is consistent with what i am seeing.

Don......

Moved a few of the related posts over to here from the MUT3 thread. I just received mine, but it will be a few days before I'm able to play with it. Nice piece of kit with its own case to hold everything.

I've purchased an i909 and read some trouble codes from my i-miev (currently under repair).

Has anyone had success clearing trouble codes? The i909 says it has successfully cleared the codes, but then they are still shown as "stored"?

Further testing reveals I'm able to clear codes from other ECUs where they don't have an active code.

If you try to clear codes for "permanent" faults on any car they will return immediately. This is because the fault condition is still present and it's sometimes the only way to find out what faults are still present and what are historic or intermittent faults.

kiev said:
i haven't been thru the "Display" section, but i'm guessing that may be where the km or miles units are found--i'll put it on the list of stuff to check.

Did you check this out (i know it was a while ago) or do you have a link for the painful video?

i think the owner's manual has instructions on how to configure the display for km or mph. It was also posted on the forum by someone but i don't recall which thread, maybe JoeS recalls this? AFAIK, The scannr tool doesn't do this, it is done by the operator in the car.

In the 2012 (and newer) North American version of the i-MiEV, here's what the manual says:
It is possible to select the speedometer's display units -
1. Press the reset button to display the odometer
2. Keep the reset button pressed for two seconds or longer to change the display units from MPH to km/h or from km/h to MPH.

If I recall, this did not necessarily work on other models...

Edit: we have at least one thread for this - http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4770&p=42086

tout, I see from your previous posts that you've been trying to make this change on a JDM car imported to the UK. Did you ever import it? Do let us know how it turns out.

Back