ArticBlast

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phximiev

Whilst at Courtesy Chevrolet having our Volt worked on, I picked up a brochure on this 'ArticBlast' product, which claims to improve the efficiency of the air conditioner. The brochure claims to improve gas mileage by up to 25% and to improve the range of electrics and hybrids. Neither the website nor the brochure indicates what the secret ingredient is and or how its installed.

The service person I was working with at Courtesy said they could install it. When I asked if it worked, he was non-committal. Here is the website:

http://never2cold.com

Anybody try this on their 'Miev or any other car?

P.S. No Volt forum member seems to have tried it.

I would hope not many people of average intelligence or better would fall for such a scam! It's easy to recognize scams as they almost always make truly outlandish, over the top claims, supported by virtually nothing

" . . . . improve gas mileage by up to 25% . . . . "

Even in Phoenix on a 110 degree day, you wouldn't get 25% better gas mileage by turning off the air conditioning completely, let alone by introducing chemicals into the refrigerant that the manufacturer didn't include when they patented the formula for their refrigerant . . . . and they expect you to believe they can make a bigger improvement in efficiency than shutting off the A/C completely??

I've got some swampland in Arizona I'll sell you for a good price . . . . but you'll have to take my word for it that it's wet! :lol:

There was a time, years ago, if you bought every gas saving gadget sold by J.C. Whitney you would be saving so much gas that your car would run not using any at all - None of them worked. If they did, Detroit would have included each and every one of them on next years car models so they could brag that their new models all got 100 mpg!

Don

Don said:
I would hope not many people of average intelligence or better would fall for such a scam! It's easy to recognize scams as they almost always make truly outlandish, over the top claims, supported by virtually nothing

" . . . . improve gas mileage by up to 25% . . . . "

Even in Phoenix on a 110 degree day, you wouldn't get 25% better gas mileage by turning off the air conditioning completely, let alone by introducing chemicals into the refrigerant that the manufacturer didn't include when they patented the formula for their refrigerant . . . . and they expect you to believe they can make a bigger improvement in efficiency than shutting off the A/C completely??

I've got some swampland in Arizona I'll sell you for a good price . . . . but you'll have to take my word for it that it's wet! :lol:

There was a time, years ago, if you bought every gas saving gadget sold by J.C. Whitney you would be saving so much gas that your car would run not using any at all - None of them worked. If they did, Detroit would have included each and every one of them on next years car models so they could brag that their new models all got 100 mpg!

Don

Might be something to it if its anything like this NASA developed product:

https://spinoff.nasa.gov/Spinoff2010/cg_6.html

Back