MCU using second hand bits

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easycarex

Anybody know if you can get round the code mismatch by swapping the main circuit board in the Motor Control Unit when fitting a MCU from another car. Would you have to use the same 3 circuit boards above the IGBTs too?
Told by Mitsubishi engineers in Japan that the Citroen C Zero MCU is stopping the car coming to ready, have swapped it with my imiev's one and sure enough the P1A15 code goes only to be replaced with a code mismatch error.
Taken the circuit boards out and everything looks pristine inside.

The hardware is likely fine and functionally identical, but the firmware code is slightly different and causing a code mismatch?

I would have hoped that the MUT III could resolve that sort of issue, otherwise another firmware would have to be flashed unless it's One-Time-Programmable.

If they can't or won't do it, then Michal Eldis on the DIY site has built a universal inverter driver to run any OEM motor with any OEM inverter. It could run your car using the IGBT output stage of the MCU, essentially bypassing the main control board.

Another approach would be to reverse engineer the control board in order to determine the chip set, get a copy of the good firmware and flash it onto a blank chip, then desolder to old chip and replace it on the board.

i'd be happy to help.

Thanks for the help, we tried to change the MCU codes to match the Citroen's but came to the conclusion they were flashed on.
Good to have knowledge of another MCU available.

Have bought a crashed Peugeot Ion to try its MCU with the Citroens can bus circuit board in, so far had no joy with getting ready ping. Badly need a MUT 111.
Would like to transfer the battery pack and motor into a Polaris ranger EV, will need a driver for the IGBTs so could dispense with the ECU.

Back