Door Won't Open

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phximiev

For some reason, the left rear door will not open from the inside. The door is unlocked, the 'child-proof' lock is in the 'unlocked' position, and the inside door handle moves fine. The other doors work just fine.

Any ideas?

Maybe the cable housing popped off from inside? Had that happen after having the doors apart. Pulled it twice and it popped off.

Can it be fixed? Or does it need to be replaced?

I see 4 screws holding the inside panel on, that should be easy to remove.

Thanks.

The door panel is very easy to remove. Take out the four screws and pop the cover off from the bottom, working up around the sides, and then lift straight up to release the top.

If the cable housing simply popped off, it'll snap right back in place. If something broke, though, then it'll likely need replaced. I would think that you could buy just the door handle assembly.

Ok, the inside door panel came off easily enough. However, the two connectors to the door handle were just fine. After disconnecting them and the electric wire plug for the lock, I removed the panel from the door and set it aside.

Inside the door, there is another assembly which the door handle connector wires go into and which appears to connect to and control the door latch itself. However, pulling on the wires still didn't actuate the latch release. I could not tell what the problem was without taking out that assembly, which at this point, I have neither time nor inclination.

I have no idea what the inside of the door looks like but MAYBE the Child safety lock broke so that it is on ?

HAHAHHAHA.

I am so glad that it was that and not something really bad...

How was it broke ? not in how it GOT broke but was there a piece snapped off. Just so I can know ahead of time ;)

The wire for the child safety lock inside the locking assembly had come off while the safety lock was in the locked position.

Again, thanks for the idea. :D

Back