Wont go to ready

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wizzaman

Hi, my 2009 imiev died yesterday. I went to unlock the doors and nothing happened when I pressed the unlock button on remote or door. I managed to get in with the manual key. Turned the ignition but no lights came on the dash let alone starting. Suspected cold weather killed the 12v battery, so I jumped it with my other car. Lights came on the dash this time but will not go to ready. Swapped out the 12v for a new one but still the same. Could be immobiliser issue but have not idea how to reset or recalibrate. Any ideas friends?

How many times have you tried starting the car once you swapped the battery? Will it charge when plugged in?

Hi, I,ve tried lots of times. The main traction battery charges up fine. At the moment its fully charged. I believe its got something to do with the immobiliser. Is there a way to disable it?

Hi, thanks for your suggestions. However, I have already tried these things but still refuses to go to ready. I've checked all fuses and all seems fine. Has anyone had a similar problem with their Imiev? How was it sorted out?

Wizzaman said:
Hi, thanks for your suggestions. However, I have already tried these things but still refuses to go to ready. I've checked all fuses and all seems fine. Has anyone had a similar problem with their Imiev? How was it sorted out?

Next I would make sure the car is in P park and the key is off and out, charger cord unplugged from the car. Then disconnect the negative post on the 12V battery and wait at least 5 minutes 10 minutes would be better. Reconnect the negative on the 12 volt battery. First lock and then unlock the doors with the key remote then attempt to start the car.

Best of luck,

Aerowhatt

Back