OEM Washer Fluid

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PV1

I went to pick up a bottle of washer fluid last night. Does anybody know the temperature rating of the stock washer fluid? It was 22 F yesterday with the sun heating the front of the car all day, and I couldn't get any spray. The pump was working, but nothing was coming out of the nozzles.

It's not empty, as this same thing happens all the time during the winter.

I use the Rain-x All season fluid, changed it out last October.
this stuff...down to Zero degrees
https://www.rainx.com/product/windshield-washer-fluid/rain-x-all-season-windshield-washer-fluid/

It works as I used it the other day when it was 35 out and all seemed good.

Gets Way too cold here to use stock Wiper fluid

Thanks for the replies. I picked up a bottle of purple, good to -30 F. If I get time today, I'll try to park my car in the (relatively) warm garage at work to flush the system and refill.

It's a good thing that it doesn't hold that much, makes for an easy flush.
My truck holds the whole gallon jug haha

Flushed and filled the system with the purple solution. It took over half a gallon, and I'm still not convinced that the lines are totally flushed (rear one mainly).

I used it this morning. It sprayed and didn't freeze on the windshield :mrgreen: ! It actually melted the snow built up on the side and washed some of it off. (Yeah, it took to January 11, but we finally are having winter. We usually have some snow on the ground before Thanksgiving.)

That must be some high temperature stuff that comes from the factory.

Frozen Rainx today !!!

I didn't really need to do the shield, I was just about at work hanging out at a light and thought... hmmm, it's like 20F out, let's see if I get Fluid out.

Nope :(

0 F rating? I went for the lowest temperature stuff I could find, which was this:

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/camco-ice-cutter-30-degree-de-icer-windshield-washer-fluid-1-gallon-30523/7150008-P?searchTerm=washer+fluid

It does freeze on the windshield, but it takes a few minutes and by then, it is only on the side where the wipers stop. Mine has successfully sprayed as low as 6 F.

Also, how many times have you used the sprayers since adding the new solution? It takes quite a bit of spraying to flush the lines.

I think I will have to get this. Too bad, I got such a nice deal at Costco on a double box of these :(

If you get a day where it is warm enough to spray the fluid, try running through some fluid to flush the lines. If you filled the tank with the new solution but haven't run the sprayers, then the factory stuff is still in the lines, and that will prevent them from working.

Unless you already did that, then I'd recommend getting something with a lower rating.

Back