Locking Doors & Horn Beep

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrostyCanada

The Laurentians, a skip away from Montreal, Quebec
Hello And Happy Holiday.

Strange behaviour with our new 2016 iMiEV that we're trying to understand.

Under what circumstance, when locking the doors, the horn "would" or "would not" beep?

Should it not just beep and flash all the time?

This is what we get:

1) 50% of the time are little I would beep, and flash its lights (doors locked, alarm on)

2) Other times it would just flash its lights once (doors locked, alarm on).

The user guide only mentioned behaviour (1), plus how to disable horn, etc.

Any insight would be appreciated,
Brian

If your Lights are on the AUTO selection, it will beep.
If in the OFF position then it will not beep

In the owner's manual, there is a procedure to cycle through four different behaviors. The three that I know (excluding the Auto function as I have an ES without fogs) are:

1. Flash only, no horn
2. Flash and beep on first press of Lock
3. Flash, beep on second press of Lock

I have mine set to beep on second press. That way, I can lock the car without really announcing it.

If you press Lock or Unlock and the lights do not flash, more than likely a door or the hatch is open.

i've noticed this also, and it *seemed* to be related to whether or not it was dark and the headlamps were actually on prior to exiting the car and hitting the remote, and also whether or not it was plugged in and charging, but it does appear somewhat random. Set to Auto position all the time.

kiev said:
i've noticed this also, and it *seemed* to be related to whether or not it was dark and the headlamps were actually on prior to exiting the car and hitting the remote, and also whether or not it was plugged in and charging, but it does appear somewhat random. Set to Auto position all the time.
For me, it seems to have the weird net result of usually beeping when I'm outside, and usually not beeping when I'm in the garage (which could be related to the lights, since they always come on in the garage, on auto). Which... is pretty convenient, really. :)

wmcbrine said:
For me, it seems to have the weird net result of usually beeping when I'm outside, and usually not beeping when I'm in the garage (which could be related to the lights, since they always come on in the garage, on auto). Which... is pretty convenient, really. :)
This is it, and I should have known better.

I leave for work in the morning and lock the door and the horn will sound and the lights will flash when locking the doors.

Come home after work (at night) and only the lights will flash.

It's definitely tied into the lighting system via the sensor on the dash.

What a smart little car we have, but Mitsubishi should have noted this in the cars user manual.

Merry Christmas,
Brian

Back