I-Miev Ready Light Won't Come On

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackso

Bit of a story.
End first - turn the key and the ready light will not come on with its happy bong.
I have checked all the usual things (charging cable connected, in P,etc).
It needed new brake pads and in the process the 12v battery was flattened by the lights or alarm. I have charged it up and it is fine., but when I lock the car now the indicators flash 8 times, which is odd and must mean something. It all unlocks ok but it is almost as though the immobiliser is not working and letting it start.
Any ideas would be welcomed :(
I have a vague recollection about ABS causing a problem and wonder if it could be something to do with the pads and a "safety feature"?
It' a UK car but I thought the boffins on here might have an idea. Thanks

Jackso said:
End first - turn the key and the ready light will not come on with its happy bong.
I have checked all the usual things (charging cable connected, in P,etc).

North American model - ready light dose not go on if the charge cable is plugged in, it's a saftey feature so you can't drive off while plugged in ---

BUT be careful you can shift it out of park and roll if you're on a slope. - don't ask how I know.

Jackso said:
but when I lock the car now the indicators flash 8 times, which is odd and must mean something. It all unlocks ok but it is almost as though the immobiliser is not working and letting it start.
That's a new one. Any lights on the dash outside of the norm?

Have you checked the brake fluid level?

By charging cable connected I actually meant NOT connected.
Brake fluid is ok.
All lights normal except for the 8 indicator flashes when you lock it.

Now that the battery is charged, try disconnecting it for a few minutes and the reconnect it to let all the computers "reboot" and clear any temporary codes. If that doesn't do it, its time for a dealer visit.

I think that one of the safety features is healthy 12V on 12V battery… try measure if it is 12V, if U have 12V charger charge it, rebooting can help but at minimum 15 minutes without 12V battery connected recommends!

Tried rebooting for 15 mins but no joy. Our local garage plugged in their laptop and found a brake error and an immobiliser error so I guess it's a trip to the main dealer.

Not to mention an EV Warning light for the flat 12 volt battery. Amazing how easy it is to run it down. Seems to be one of the few technical oversights of the i-MiEV that it doesn't cut out lights after so long. Manually activated dome or marker lights will run the battery dead.

Back