Anyway to disable daytime running lights?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olagon

Used our iMiev to provide electricity via an inverter while camping. During the day, I couldn't turn off the daytime running lights. Anyone know how to turn them off temporarily? As a side note, I had to turn off the car and wait about 5 mins before turning back on at night for the system to *not* turn the daytime running lights on again.

Having the ability to kill the daytime running lights makes this a really good emergency energy source. It runs fine with the running lights but that seems to be so wasteful.

Thanks!

If you can't find a way to disable them, then you could change them to LED bulbs to minimise the power usage - the process is covered here:

http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2244

Put the parking brake on before you turn the key to the "start" position. This will disable the DRL's until you release the brake.

siai47 said:
Put the parking brake on before you turn the key to the "start" position. This will disable the DRL's until you release the brake.

Wow this is useful! Thanks. This trick work for all cars with DRL?

There is a small box with a few relays in it under the hood. I think its on the passenger side. One of the relays controls the drl. You can pull it out to disable the drl. Put it back in to enable them.

Its a small green relay.

Don......

Back