Type 1 Charge Port

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VonRedbeard

Morning all,

The little plastic cover over the Type 1 charge port on one of our I-MiEV's has been snapped off. Could you tell me please, is it a straightforward task to replace it? If so, where can I buy spare parts in Scotland (or nearby)?

Many thanks,
Bob

If it is designed like the US version, it is a fairly easy part to replace but I'll bet it will be expensive. In the US version, the port, cover and wiring harness is one assembly. You need to remove the tire and wheel well assembly to get at the harness. There is a harness connector near the rear bumper support that needs to be disconnected and then the clips that route the harness need to be removed. The whole assembly then is removed by unbolting the charge port and pulling the harness through the hole. Assembly is the reverse. If you have the broken parts, I would try to glue it back together. If not, I would operate the car without the cover and try to keep the port as clean as you can. If you are going to be operating in nasty conditions, put a piece of tape over the port.

Back