Heated Seats

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthewsre

I haven't shown up here in a while, but I have some questions about the heated seats to see if there is a problem with mine.

My heated Seats seem to come on briefly after about 5 minutes for about a minute or so and then seem like they turn off for another 5 min or so, then repeat. Being that the heater drains the battery much faster than I was expecting, the heated seat is pretty important. Is this how everyone's heated seats are working or does this appear to be an issue with mine that I should have checked out?

Thanks in advance!

I don't think you have a problem. I've read this "cycling" described by other owners and believe it's intentional, so it didn't concern me when I observed it myself. Perhaps it's done to conserve battery and perhaps for safety reasons. It could get hotter than you might realize through all the layers of fabric in a coat, slacks, etc., and cycling in this way allows any heat to dissipate periodically. It's probably best to err on the side of caution.

I drove one a few weeks ago and it did the same thing. Must be normal. I'd like to have been able to keep it on all of the time though.

Is there a switch built into the seat bottom that turns the seat heater on/off? I have had the impression that my posture affects if the heater turns on and how long it stays on.

I *think* there is a thermostat built into the seat cushion which cycles the power off and on as needed to attempt to maintain a comfortable temperature, but it only succeeds in creating a big swing of on and off temperatures. If the heater ran 100% of the time, I think it would probably melt your buns instead of just toasting them :lol:

Don

Back