Description of Heater System Operation Needed

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmarcucio

Does anyone have a good description of how the heater operates in the MiEV? I'm not looking for the heater controls operation inside the car I'm looking for a description of the heating system itself. How the car produces its heat. Is it an electric heater heating up a coolant? If so where is the electric heater located? Is there a heater core? Is there a liquid pump? Any literature available online or possibly a you-tube video of the system etc. would help.

gmarcucio said:
Is it an electric heater heating up a coolant? If so where is the electric heater located? Is there a heater core? Is there a liquid pump?
Yes, yes and yes . . . . and it's located under the car

DSCF0045%2520%2528mini%2529.JPG

There's a thread here where several owners in colder climates insulated the heater and the hoses which carry the hot water to the heater core inside the car
http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=224&hilit=heater+insulation
You can also Google iMiEV heater and find all sorts of specs, pictures and such
One of them is located here: http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=551

Don

Observation/question about heater.
When the heater is on, blower control is set to a auto and mode selection switch is set to "upper" setting I get a good volume of air coming out into the cabin. However, if I switch the selection control to say, "leg" area, the speed of the airflow coming out the lower vents is reduced dramatically compared to the flow that was coming out of the upper vents. Is there a way to maintain the higher air flow volume to my feet. I did not see anything in manual about this operation.

Thanks.
Happy New Year to all the I-MIEV electronauts.
Silver, 2012, ES model with QC. Leased Feb. 2013

Back