Peugot Ion charging without EVSE

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterdambier

At the EV meeting April 20, 2013 at Museum Sinsheim I have seen an Ion charging without EVSE.

I2077-L_drago_7.jpg

standing side by side a Mitsu i-MiEV charging with EVSE.

I2073-L_drago_7.jpg

I have tried it myself and I have tried faking a pilot signal with a max232 driver and did not succeed so far.

Maybe there is a configuration switch in the software that allows our car charging without EVSE.

I have seen it only at home when processing HDR my images.

I think it's Mennekes cable under Ion connected to Mennekes extension cable. It does not need EVSE because it is in the charging station.

Have a look at this EVSE cable: http://www.charge-amps.com/um-evse
EVSE cable without the bulky box!!

TestO said:
Have a look at this EVSE cable: http://www.charge-amps.com/um-evse
EVSE cable without the bulky box!!
I've seen that one before - It's the neatest thing since sliced bread (an old American [I think] expression). No box, l o n g cord, easily selectable current. If I lived where only 240 VAC was used, I'd have one of these in a minute. The price ain't bad either

To the thread topic - I wouldn't be interested in plugging my car into anything without using a proper EVSE. Bypassing the protections it was designed to give you wouldn't be a wise choice, IMO

Don

TestO,

you have got it. No doubt it is UM-EVSE plug and cable. The colors match, so does the look of the plug.

They have replaced the Schuko plug with CEE 230V/16A. That is the blue thing below the car.

Don you are right about safety. I have seen another i-MiEV with builtin EVSE. Even an EVSE that sits in the trunk does not make much sense when you have got the mains in your car in the first place.

it is UM-EVSE, I have that cable bought from Sweden.
I use it now with Leaf, but previously used with iOn.
It is great and factory should looks like this, it has EVSE built-in.
:)

Back