Speedometer is linked to back wheels

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Llecentaur

Hi, I can confirm that the speedometer is linked to the back wheels as we assumed during discussions about changing wheels to improve handling.

Therefore having slightly smaller tire circumference in the front will not affect speed reading.

As warm season is coming I had to resolve to install the stock tires. All local dealers refuse to supply any wheel that is not officially registered for the Czero...

Anyway, when the car was lifted I engaged into D, wheels span and speedometer moved confirming your hunch.

Llecentaur said:
As warm season is coming I had to resolve to install the stock tires. All local dealers refuse to supply any wheel that is not officially registered for the Czero...
Must be a liability issue. Here, most places which mount tires will check the door sticker to see what size tire came on the car from the factory, and they will ONLY install that size tire . . . . even WalMart refuses to do anything else. This means I have to take in only my wheels to get tires mounted, since my Protégé 5 came with 195/50-16's and I'm using 205/55-15's and my Miata came with 185/60-14's and it currently has 195/50-15's on it. They will mount nearly any size tire you like on any wheel . . . . so long as they don't see the car they are going on

Don

Back