Arizona & other warm climate ownership experiences so far?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlsoaz

Hi everyone:

I'm wondering if there are owners in the forums who have got some miles under their belt in Phoenix or some of the other really hot places in Arizona. I've been reading the Nissan Leaf forums a bit and so it seems clear that there is enough of an issue with possible early battery degradation signs in the Phoenix area that I might not want to consider that EV.

With the iMiEV, I think it has slightly more aggressive battery cooling (a fan instead of Nissan's passive cooling?). Has that helped so far as to preserving the battery from any range reduction? Is it really too early to say?

What is the wording on the warranty as to miles before the automaker will replace the battery at no cost to the owner? Anyone have any experiences in this area yet (good, bad, indifferent) of interacting with a dealer? Maybe it hasn't come up yet? I am hoping that really it's not an iMiEV issue, but I have to ask about it.

I'm reluctant to consider the Ford with liquid cooling because of the price and because there's no availability yet in AZ.

jl

Hello. I live in San Antonio, TX. Obviously. I have to use the A/C all the time. My experience is limited, as I just took delivery a week ago. So far I have observed no problems. Bill.

BillThompsonMIEV said:
Hello. I live in San Antonio, TX. Obviously. I have to use the A/C all the time. My experience is limited, as I just took delivery a week ago. So far I have observed no problems. Bill.

Thanks Bill, will look forward to learning more from you and others.

We've had ours in Phoenix since June of this year and have had no issues so far with over 2700 miles.

Back