Pics: New '17/18 interior, 2DIN and paddles (!)

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elekTrond

I really, really wonder what + and - does ... :roll:
1c76aaa0-0b0c-4e34-8eef-f46c4ba9c3d6.jpg

Pic: https://www.mitsubishi-motors.no/uploadedimages/DetailsImage/1c76aaa0-0b0c-4e34-8eef-f46c4ba9c3d6.jpg

Here's the brochure for the 2018 i from Mitsubishi-Motors.com.

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/showroom/i-miev/catalog/pdf/17_5my_i_miev_g_exp.pdf

I'm happy to see it, but I can't believe Mitsubishi is still producing this car! Mitsubishi added a regen paddle, but I've found I only use the regen paddle in the Chevy Bolt to cancel cruise control since the regen paddle is unnecessary with One-Pedal Driving. Mitsubishi added Apple CarPlay with their new entertainment system (I replaced my car's radio with a DIN entertainment system years ago in my two i's so I could connect my phone!). It doesn't look like this car will make it to North America. I love the new red color. Also noteworthy in the brochure here is V2H (Vehicle to Home). In Japan you can connect your Mitsubishi to your home photovoltaic system through a Power Conditioning System to supply power during an outage similar to a backup generator.

Many Asian auto makers have 10 year production cycles
(even though they may hide the fact under some plastic and mods)

Also I can only find them as being for sale in Europe, it costs nearly nothing to continue to sell the same model of car outside the Us so I guess it makes sense.

Too bad they couldn’t update the range a little and do a little streamlining, ah well.

Odd it gets a 100 mile rating in Euro zone

Interesting the European brochure is in English - but no sign of the IMIEV listed on the UK Mitsubishi website, though you can still buy a 2018 Citroen C-Zero and Peugeot Ion... in 2017 they registered 5 and 8 of each respectively by the looks of it... and no IMIEVs.

As for the 160Km range, that's the Eurozone NEDC test cycle, which is known to be less than reflective of real world driving, and last updated before any mass production EVs were available... so best taken with a pinch of salt. The US EPA test cycle seems to be a more accurate reflection of EV range from what I have read and experienced with the IMIEV showing 65-77 miles RR on a full charge.

How can I get one? :cool: A/C during charging, nicer looking interior, and regen paddles were all on my wish list.

PV1 said:
How can I get one? :cool: A/C during charging, nicer looking interior, and regen paddles were all on my wish list.
... and a shorter narrower car for squeezing into more places. Unfortunately, public perception is that our 16kWh battery packs are becoming dinosaurs - lots of truth to that for any trips, as public charging availability is totally unreliable, especially with uneducated newbie PHEV owners treating the charging stations as parking places.

Back