prodigious1one

Mitsubishi website

Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:12 pm

Hello,

I just noticed that the I-MiEV is no longer on the Mitsubishi website. I guess that Mitsubishi won't sell it anymore in the USA.

Maybe they're getting ready for the new Nissan Leaf.

Aaron

PV1
Site Moderator

Re: Mitsubishi website

Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:05 am

I guess that means it's officially done.

What a shame. :cry:
:idea: :idea: :idea: :!: :!:

Dropbox maintenance in progress. If any of my links aren't working after November 17, please PM me and let me know which one isn't working.

Thanks.

Marathonor

Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:23 am

It's still visible on Mitsu Canada for FY2017.

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.ca/fr/?gc ... aQodZeoFyg

prodigious1one

Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:05 pm

I noticed that Mitsubishi added the Outlander PHEV to the US website: https://www.mitsubishicars.com/outlande ... -hero-area

I wonder what the electric only range is

rkarl89203

Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:26 pm

If you do the dropdown menu for "vehicles" it is still there...

PV1
Site Moderator

Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:42 am

I'm not seeing it on mine. There is a link to i-MiEV under Electric at the bottom, but it re-directs to the home page. It's not listed in the Build and Price, either.

Seems like deja vu. The practical EV disappears and now their website is plastered with SUVs.

Dropbox maintenance in progress. If any of my links aren't working after November 17, please PM me and let me know which one isn't working.

Thanks.

rkarl89203

Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:06 pm

Of course.
Gotta sell them guzzlers.

mievsolar

Wed May 03, 2017 10:17 am

They where not serious about the car in the first place. Just another compliance car like so many other EV's on the market. Of course they are coming out with one that they are in partnership with Nissan. So the MiEV will be history and also one of the least expensive VE's sold in the USA. Going to be a while till we get an EV on the market that will be as inexpensive as the MiEv. I just hope that they support it with a new battery pack replacement when my battery pack needs replacement.

PV1
Site Moderator

Thu May 04, 2017 5:23 am

I think they were at first given the pre-launch hype, and the fact that the i-MiEV was available to purchase in all 50 states put it well above compliance car status. I think they lost faith after seeing poor initial sales and hearing what the "professional" car reviewers had to say about it (I still don't think they were driving the same car they said they reviewed).

Oh well. I consider myself lucky to have the i-MiEV sitting in my driveway and not have to worry about Mitsubishi gathering them all up and taking them to the crusher.

Thanks.

Aerowhatt
Gold Member

Thu May 04, 2017 6:05 am

PV1 wrote:I think they were at first given the pre-launch hype, and the fact that the i-MiEV was available to purchase in all 50 states put it well above compliance car status. I think they lost faith after seeing poor initial sales and hearing what the "professional" car reviewers had to say about it (I still don't think they were driving the same car they said they reviewed).

Oh well. I consider myself lucky to have the i-MiEV sitting in my driveway and not have to worry about Mitsubishi gathering them all up and taking them to the crusher.

I agree, I think the media all but killed it. Even when an absolutely unbelievable deal came along on our first one. I had a lot of trepidation about it, due largely to not being able to find a single good review. The only reason that I did go ahead and "take a chance" on it was what I had read on this forum. Heck, I only registered it for one year the first time around so I wouldn't loose a second year fee if we didn't like it and got rid of it. It quickly became the favorite car I have ever owned and my wife quickly felt the same way about hers once she got it. What I would change on it is a very short list and entirely minor details

Aerowhatt
2014 cool silver ES, acquired new 4/2015 (42.7ah at ~26K miles)
2014 Labrador Black Pearl ES, acquired new 3/2016 (41.5ah at ~15k miles)

Return to “iMiev News”