Los Altos Hills Earth Day

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeS

Staff member
I'll be at this event today showing off my Mitsi, in case any of you would like to stop by for a chat. Their flyer shows one of my "other" electric vehicles, an orange three-wheeled Sparrow.
http://www.losaltoshills.ca.gov/documents/announcements/earth%20_day%20_flyer2012.pdf

Been showing off an i-MiEV and a Sparrow for the last five years at this event.

Other than kids wanting to sit inside the Sparrow, there was little interest in our electric cars. I'm at a loss as to how to draw people into conversations about the cars without being obnoxious. I had even made a sign "Challenge - Show me why a 100% Battery Electric Vehicle would not work for you as the primary family car". Apathy, despite this community probably having the highest percentage of electric cars per capita in the US (with quite a few Teslas in the parking lot). I guess those who had been interested already went off and bought their EV.

One lady nervously approached us and told us that their family just came to this event in the Leaf they had leased a couple of weeks earlier and that this was their longest trip yet and that they were concerned about getting home as their fuel gauge had been rapidly dropping... and they live 15 miles away! It took a bit of talking to calm her down and tell her that the fuel gauge would actually go up on their way home as the climb to the event accounted for the rapid drop.

Here's a photo of our stand with the rarely-seen green field behind us (normally it's parched):

SparrowMievEarthDay2017.jpg

Back