acensor

Word directly from Mitsubishi on date of USA 2014 MiEV

Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:26 pm

I wrote them and told them that on their site it shows the 2014 available but when you click on Build and Price it isn't a listed model of car in the dropdown, etc, etc.

"Dear Mr. Censor,

We apologize for the confusion on the website about the availability of the 2014 iMIEV. The release of the '14 model is scheduled for late Spring. We are excited about the release of the newer model iMIEV as we will offer a substantial price cut in the price of the vehicle of apprimately $6000.00. Pricing of the vehicle on the Build and Price page will be available as we get closer to launch. If you would like to receive periodic updates on the availability of the vehicle, you can provide your email address under the "Vehicles' section on our website where it prompts you to enter your email address to receive future iMIEV updates.

Thank you for your interest in what we feel is the greenest, most economical vehicle on the planet.

Warmest regards, "
Alex
{this message posted with 100% post consumer recycled electrons}
SE 2012 white with blue trim, powered by PV (~65%)
2015 Subaru Forester CVT
Two Trek street/trail bicycles optimized for mild around town use

JoeS
Site Moderator

Re: Word directly from Mitsubishi on date of USA 2014 MiEV

Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:34 pm

Mitsubishi wrote:"... If you would like to receive periodic updates on the availability of the vehicle, you can provide your email address under the "Vehicles' section on our website where it prompts you to enter your email address to receive future iMIEV updates."
Well, I tried that. One goes to the Mitsubishi site <http://www.mitsubishicars.com/>, there is no i-MiEV shown under "Vehicles", and no apparent way of implementing what they just said. They made the announcement about the 2014 i-MiEV what, a couple of months ago? Just how long does it take to update a website?

As Rodney Dangerfield said "I don't get no respect"
EVs: 2 Wht/Blu SE Prem., '13 Tesla MS85, 3 156v CorbinSparrows (2 Li-ion), 24v EcoScoot(LiFePO4)
EV Conv: 156v '86 Ram PU, 144v '65 Saab 96
Hybrids: 48v1kW bike
ICE: '88 Isuzu Trooper. Mothballed: '67 Saab (orig.owner), '76 MBZ L206D RHD RV

danpatgal

Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:12 am

I signed up for the updates probably a month ago. I guess they don't have any updates because I didn't get any emails from them. "Late Spring" gives them a bit of wiggle room. I just hope it isn't like the PA Turnpike Commissions' installation of EVSEs announced in December of 2012 to be installed "by summer of 2013", which have not yet been installed and is now projected to be in place by summer of 2014!

gregcooper

Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:44 am

I am a Mitsu slesperson. I talked with my district rep yesterday, who pulled up a shipping schedule for i shipment to the U. S. Western Region. The first shipments are scheduled, from Japan, for April 14, 2014. That should mean that dealer deliveries should begin around the first of May (offload ships, rail to holding centers, truck to dealers).

Those of you who have any more questions about delivery schedules can email me at:

gdcooper@lairdnoller.com

I will be happy to tell you whatever I know. I'd be happier to help you buy one!

Greg

AlfredWAB

Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:15 pm

GregCooper.

If you were anywhere closer to where I live, I'd be looking to you for buying one. Appreciate the response. If the Momentum Dealership in Fairfield, CA had bothered to bring the car to the show I was at, they would have had first choice for my business, but as a no show, I'll be looking elsewhere.

Thanks for updating us.

JoeS
Site Moderator

Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:13 pm

Greg, thank you for the update. For anyone in Kansas, you now have a contact point.

Inputs from anyone associated with Mitsubishi have been sorely missing from this forum (although I suspect a few helpful techie comments in the past may have had some ties to Mitsu).

Nice to know that we can now start saying "around May" instead of "hopefully by Summer" when asked when the i-MiEV will be available.
EVs: 2 Wht/Blu SE Prem., '13 Tesla MS85, 3 156v CorbinSparrows (2 Li-ion), 24v EcoScoot(LiFePO4)
EV Conv: 156v '86 Ram PU, 144v '65 Saab 96
Hybrids: 48v1kW bike
ICE: '88 Isuzu Trooper. Mothballed: '67 Saab (orig.owner), '76 MBZ L206D RHD RV

Rocky49

Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:25 pm

So April 14, 2014 has come and gone... Has anyone actually confirmed the departure of a boatload of I-mievs for North America? As recently as April 17, 2014. I spoke with 6 Western Canadian -imiev dealers and 3 US dealers and no one could confirm there is actually such a critter as a 2014 North American I-miev planned or en route. Neither Mitsu USA or Canadian websites have anything on the 1-miev when you look at specing out a car or pricing one. The Western Canadian dealers (BC, AB, and Sask) all say they draw their stock from a new vehicle pool which has 0 vehicles in it. They are also able to order stuff but there is nothing on their program to order from.

I think if you really want an I-miev and tax credits go find one of the few left in dealer inventories, or start looking for a cheap one which has already had the tax credits stripped and has very low miles and a low price. Looks someone in Georgia was playing that game. How else do you explain cars with less than 400 miles being sold as used, and sold just after tax filing season? Georgia must have been really generous with tax credits. I have seen at least 3 car faxes suggesting this has been taking place.
Not a problem for me because it gives us up some cheap used cars.

Rocky
2012 I-MIEV SE Diamond White with Nav Pack, Chademo, & all the options
"Mitzi" the I-MIEV

jray3

Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:29 am

[quote="Rocky" Georgia must have been really generous with tax credits. I have seen at least 3 car faxes suggesting this has been taking place.
Not a problem for me because it gives us up some cheap used cars.
Rocky[/quote]
Yep, Georgia has a $5000 state tax credit with no recapture. Buy a used EV in Georgia and register it in Colorado, which gives tax credits on used EVs if they've not been registered in CO before!
2012 i-SE "MR BEAN" 110,300 miles
2016 KIA SOUL EV, 90 kW, 27 kWh, 34k miles
2000 Mazda Miata EV, 78 kW, 17 kWh
1983 Grumman Kurbwatt EV,170 kW, 32 kWh
1983 Mazda RX-7 EV 43 kW 10 kWh
1971 "Karmann Eclectric" EV 240 kW 19 kWh

acensor

Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:35 am

acensor wrote:I wrote them and told them that on their site it shows the 2014 available but when you click on Build and Price it isn't a listed model of car in the dropdown, etc, etc.

"Dear Mr. Censor,

We apologize for the confusion on the website about the availability of the 2014 iMIEV. The release of the '14 model is scheduled for late Spring. We are excited about the release of the newer model iMIEV as we will offer a substantial price cut in the price of the vehicle of apprimately $6000.00. ......

Thank you for your interest in what we feel is the greenest, most economical vehicle on the planet.

Warmest regards, "

I wrote them again yesterday asking WTF is the story... what's the current delivery in USA date info... and how come the info they sent me in January didn't hold up.

Here's their reply:
"On Mon, Apr 21, 2014, at 09:16 AM, rocky@sosvm.com wrote:

Good morning, Alex.
Mitsubishi has not sent pricing or delivery-date information. I will let you know as soon as they do.

Regards, Rocky"

About the only thing I can give them points for is replying promptly.
No date. No price. No explaination what changed the date. :roll:

P.S., I just wrote BACK to Rocky asking how come we got inconsistant info.
Here's what he wrote back:
--------------
Until Mitsubishi announces firm delivery dates to their dealers none of us have any idea when they will arrive. All any dealer can say is that they are being told that MiEV's will be here sometime during the Spring.

Rocky Rawstern
Digital Media Manager
Interstate 5 Cars
rocky@sosvm.com
541-245-2057
--------------

Apparently when I was emailing to Rocky my "contact us" email had been routed to my local dealers media manager... unknown to me.
Alex
{this message posted with 100% post consumer recycled electrons}
SE 2012 white with blue trim, powered by PV (~65%)
2015 Subaru Forester CVT
Two Trek street/trail bicycles optimized for mild around town use

dniemeyer99

Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:59 am

acensor: I really do not think Mitsubishi understands the potential of this little IMiev. If the smart car can be very popular worldwide, why would not this little car that has the advantage of four seat and a larger cargo space. The reason that the 2012 did not sell well was not because of the car but because of the high price (compared to the leaf) and zero advertisement. I have not meet anyone that even knows of the IMeiv. And even if you look at the Canadian web site, they still have the old higher price. I believe this could be a very popular car if Mitsubishi just believe in it and educate the public on it's potential. The real reward happens when a company leads rather them follow. Yes, it can be a risk, but the reward is worth it.

And if Mitsubishi is reading this forum. It is about time you believe in your product and let everyone see you stand behind it.

Return to “iMiev News”