Audi kracht in Elektroauto

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All in all, I'd say the Peugeot faired pretty well. Neither of the front doors had significant distortion even though the rear of the vehicle was badly damaged. The Audi had more damage than I would've imagined hitting a much smaller car.

JoeS, dont remove your headrests but have a look at

http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1129

I have tested what is harder a wall or the back of our car. I have been parking backwards, backing in very slowly and almost managed moving the wall without feeling or hearing anything, not even my wife complaining.

Opening the door, getting out I got a shock. I got back in and moved away from the wall. Looking again I found nothing, no damage at all but it looked really frightening while the wall kissed its back.

Maybe if the iOn driver didn't have his headrests in place he might have spotted the Audi coming at him? For me, having unrestricted rearward visibility is a major contributor to accident prevention in the first place. I especially hate our passenger-seat headrest when pulling out into a street at an angle (and thus always remove it when I'm driving solo).

Peter, thank you for reminding us of the link. Replacing the front-seat headrests is on my todo list, I don't care about the back as I normally have the back seats down, anyway.

Does anyone have any follow-up to this post as to how the drivers in each car fared?

Back